Prospect Info: Felix Nilsson - C | 43rd Overall | 2023 Draft

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Some links and reports...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I was a little surprised they moved up that early to get him. Obviously they had to know that teams ahead of them were definitely planning to take him (Chicago and Buffalo). Otherwise you wouldn't trade up just 3 spots. But at that place in the draft, with a lot of "name recognition" for some of the other players who were still available, it was a surprising move to me... they must really like him and must have had him ranked a good bit higher, possibly even at the end of the 1st?

Which I find intriguing, because so far I haven't quite found a report yet where I can really see what his main selling point is, aside from being a smart-ish 2-way CENTER. He's not notably big, no special skill set noted in skating or anything, just an "all-round" kind of player? Sounds a bit like Svechkov's projection, albeit at a 2nd round level instead of a 1st like Svechkov. So it would be interesting to hear if anybody has some good leads on what made Nilsson so appealing, because so far I haven't read what it is that would make him fit into Trotz's stated draft strategy (whereas most of our other picks do in one way or another seem to have some selling trait in some area that makes them stand out at least within their draft tier). :dunno:

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Good all-around forward with a high hockey IQ. Sounds good. Stick him in the oven and see what happens...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad