Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Got any info on season ticket sales?

I'll be shocked if this team lasts two seasons.

The response has been amazing by the fans. The River Otters who used to play there used to have a pretty good following and with the staff there, I could see this team lasting here for a while. Especially with the class of players who are with the team.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
The response has been amazing by the fans. The River Otters who used to play there used to have a pretty good following and with the staff there, I could see this team lasting here for a while. Especially with the class of players who are with the team.

Even if the league collapses after this season?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

What minor league AA stars signed there?(Curiously asking not giving you a hard time like Crazy Edward here)

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
As a college student living about 5 minutes from the Family Arena, I have been watching the signings over the past couple weeks.

We have a few guys that we signed who have spent time in the ECHL. We were also assigned Mathieu Corbeil and another from the Utica Comets in the AHL. There is a couple guys out of college and the SPHL... we do have one player I saw that has been playing in Europe the past few seasons but has had some considerable time in the AHL I forget who at the moment.

I think Corbeil is probably the most talented player on the roster (but that is just a personal opinion).

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
I went to the first day of training camp and was at the tryouts.. honestly, not impressed. Corbeil looked okay, but I expected more. Moss looked terrible in the scrimmage, McFarland looked good but I guess had a bad practice; the others were mediocre at best.

Forwards wise there are 2-3 fast guys, but most of the others were ungodly slow. Surprisingly slow for guys who played mostly pro last season. There was no urgency to the scrimmage.. like the guys didn't care.

Ticket prices are terribly expensive.. was hoping the cheapest tickets would be in the $8-$10 range. Was thinking of getting season tickets, but at over $300/seat for the crappiest of crappy seats, I can't afford to even get two seats to take one of my sons each game. For the homeopener I'm going to take two of my sons, and it will cost me over $60 (they're 6 and 4, btw), not including parking, and those are for the better of the crappy seats.

In comparison, when the Otters were here I went to a good 10-15 games and paid maybe $15-$20 for good, middle of the ice seats about 10-15 rows up from ice level. Those same seats are $32 now. For $32 I'll go see the Blues. Even worse, with 3 season pricing they've essentially pigeonholed themselves into charging that much for the entire season and thereafter.

I was really, really excited about the Chill, but I'm so down about the team now thanks to prices I simply won't be able to go to more than 2-3 games with my boys or with friends and sit in even adequate seating. Agreed with CrazyEddie that the team won't last past two seasons, if not one. Lower the ticket prices drastically (to meet the level of hockey) and then we'll talk.

Last edited:

RandallRitchey

Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
What minor league AA stars signed there?(Curiously asking not giving you a hard time like Crazy Edward here)

They have Mathieu Corbeil who was assigned to the club after being sent down by the Canucks.
Chad Costello, former ECHL MVP has signed with the club.
They have a young kid in Max Mobley who could take this league by storm. He's fast, skilled offensively and not inept defensively.
Jordan Fox as joined the team after playing in the UK.
Steve Makway has joined the team as well.

They have offensive depth, good two way players and a strong defense. With Corbeil in net, they could end up being a team to be reckoned with. It was just a pre-season game last night but they dominated the Mavericks last night shutting them out 2-0 with the use of all three goalies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The highest priced tickets for the Chill are the nosebleed prices for the Blues, I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind paying that price to have a nice seat at the a Chill game.

nottchi

Jul 10, 2012
Nottingham
Jordan Fox played for my team in the UK last 2 seasons.
He was the captain last season bringing us our 1st league championship in 56 years! He's certainly missed by the fans here.

He reads the game well and scored some amazing goals. His stats for last season might be a little off as he was made to play (way too many) games on defense instead of his normal forward role but he still did good at the back.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Fox is pretty ancient now. I'm pretty sure he saw some time in the old UHL with Flint if memory serves. He's a 2nd liner at best(maybe more appropriately a 3rd. Hi career stats are nothing special. Guys is more of a flea.

SeaToby

Nov 25, 2008
I went to the first day of training camp and was at the tryouts.. honestly, not impressed. Corbeil looked okay, but I expected more. Moss looked terrible in the scrimmage, McFarland looked good but I guess had a bad practice; the others were mediocre at best.

Forwards wise there are 2-3 fast guys, but most of the others were ungodly slow. Surprisingly slow for guys who played mostly pro last season. There was no urgency to the scrimmage.. like the guys didn't care.

Ticket prices are terribly expensive.. was hoping the cheapest tickets would be in the $8-$10 range. Was thinking of getting season tickets, but at over $300/seat for the crappiest of crappy seats, I can't afford to even get two seats to take one of my sons each game. For the homeopener I'm going to take two of my sons, and it will cost me over $60 (they're 6 and 4, btw), not including parking, and those are for the better of the crappy seats.

In comparison, when the Otters were here I went to a good 10-15 games and paid maybe $15-$20 for good, middle of the ice seats about 10-15 rows up from ice level. Those same seats are $32 now. For $32 I'll go see the Blues. Even worse, with 3 season pricing they've essentially pigeonholed themselves into charging that much for the entire season and thereafter.

I was really, really excited about the Chill, but I'm so down about the team now thanks to prices I simply won't be able to go to more than 2-3 games with my boys or with friends and sit in even adequate seating. Agreed with CrazyEddie that the team won't last past two seasons, if not one. Lower the ticket prices drastically (to meet the level of hockey) and then we'll talk.

Yes, the Blues cheap seats are in the rafters and on the ends. You can get a very good seat for around the price of a movie admission close to the ice for less, but maybe not in the middle. How many items can you buy now for the same price as you did ten years ago when the Otters were around? Simply put every seat in the house for the Chill are cheaper than any seat for the Blues except maybe glass row seats. FACT. No lie.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Exactly Seatoby! A lot of other products have higher prices than when the Otters were around. And like I said in some other posts I'd rather pay the Chill prices for nice seats than nosebleed seats at a Blues game.

RandallRitchey

Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com

mfrerkes

Nov 16, 2007
Big difference between stubhub prices and the Blues prices. Yes you can land some good Blues nose bleeds for cheap, but you can get some lower bowl Chill seats for really cheap.

If the opening night attendance is any indication -- and I believe it is -- people in Saint Louis will gladly pay more to see the Blues from a greater distance. The Chill and the Beast are "Exhibits A & B" in the negligent decision-making of CHL executives. I just hope markets like Missouri, Rapid City, and Allen get out of this quicksand before it drags them into the abyss as well.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
How is Mathieu Corbeil doing? I thought he looked good during the Utica Comets camp but our other two goalies both have NHL two way contracts and Corbeil was signed to just an AHL contract so he was the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad