Recalled/Assigned: Fedun called up

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I like Fedun, wanted him to stick. I also want Antipin back in. He's not going to adapt to the NHL in the pressbox.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
They don’t really need him unless they plan on sitting Tennyson or Antipin.

Also Fedun has been very sluggish so far. Last year he was a danger in every game in Rochester. Him and Guhle have been easily the Amerks worst pairing so far.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Wait so Gorges is possibly out and instead of sticking Antipin back in they callup Fedun? Le sigh.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wait so Gorges is possibly out and instead of sticking Antipin back in they callup Fedun? Le sigh.

Or they want to make sure they have a spare (Fedun) in case someone can't go up through and including warmups? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Or they want to make sure they have a spare (Fedun) in case someone can't go up through and including warmups? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

True. I guess I just have zero faith in this organization even with the new faces. Girgensons looked good with Eichel and then was thrown to the 4th line to rot again just like Bylsma before Housley. I just looked at his PP statline in 16/17 since Girgs never gets PP time. 5:15 in 75GP! Derek Grant had 13:29 in half as many games. Ennis 69:05 and racked up a whopping 3 points.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
True. I guess I just have zero faith in this organization even with the new faces. Girgensons looked good with Eichel and then was thrown to the 4th line to rot again just like Bylsma before Housley. I just looked at his PP statline in 16/17 since Girgs never gets PP time. 5:15 in 75GP! Derek Grant had 13:29 in half as many games. Ennis 69:05 and racked up a whopping 3 points.

I suspect Antipin is in if someone can't go tonight and this move is to make sure they have a spare right up until game-time.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Well Fedun is a RD so that means either Tennyson comes out for him. OR both Tenny and 1 of McCabe and Gorges come out and both Antipin and Fedun go in, with one of them playing their off side. Or Tennyson comes out and Fedun is simply in the press box. Hmm

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Watch it be so that Phil can scratch Antipin.
I see the positives and negatives balancing him out - aka no reason to scratch him.

But I would understand that logic if it comes to fruition. He’s good for a penalty a game that displays how he needs to adjust to this type of game (hook or interference or hold, etc.) and a lot of repeated mistakes that stand out when you watch them back.

Keeping in mind he’s a rookie playing a style of hockey that usually takes a while to sharpen, at a tough position to excel at in year one, I can see why the staff would want him to watch up top every handful. We’ve seen it a million times.

I guess my point of contention would be a combo of those positives and negatives mostly cancelling, with the idea that he’s still a better option than some others. But I don’t think it’s psychotic to scratch him every odd game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad