Feb 3, 2005: As of today, do you think the season will be cancelled?

• Thread starter I Hate You All*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I think it's too late to save the season now. Which is an excellent news for hockey.

Best time to strike a deal will be not earlier than November 2005 if the owners play it smart.

Right now, time has run out to save a substantial hockey season. Which means it becomes less and less sensible for the owners to compromise, put everything back on track in what will be a costly effort to play a small chunk of a hockey season.

There's no incentive to do that.

If the owners compromise at this point, they are dumber than I ever thought they were. And I happen to think they've been pretty dumb the last decade+.

Never thought the NHL would have the balls they have shown so far. I'm pretty impressed as I expected them to be ****ed hard as usual. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if they fail hockey now and cave in.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone who thinks the best route at this point is to cancel the season are living in an alternate plane of existance. If hockey cancels a season they will fall off the map completely in the markets that have caused this lockout (the south), and will have a lot of dead franchises. And you know Gary Bettman will not be able to sleep at night unless there are 30 franchises. You're talking about irreptuable and unrepairable damage to the sport, the apathy will be at an all time high and will never come back.

Canceling the season would pretty much kill the sport entirely. Anyone who thinks it would be the best thing to do at this point (and I do see some of the smarter people who think it is right now) is wrong. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad