Favourite Original 6 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Only Gee Wally & BTS were around for the original six.

On another note, who is Mrs Spud?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My second favorite original 6 team is the Toronto Maple Leafs. My first favorite original 6 team is a tie, between the 5 other ones.

Vic Rattlehead*

Tjardus Greidanus said:
Pittsburgh Pirates

Hey, they were in the NHL before Detroit, Chicago, and New York...

The Original 6 is a farce.

By 1942 after seeing many teams come and go from the NHL the league settled in with 6 franchises, the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, Detroit Red Wings and the Chicago Blackhawks. These 6 teams stayed this way until the 1967 expansion and have become fondly known as "The Original Six."

Unlike your example of the Pittsburgh Pirates, these six franchises were not contracted or relocated. In 1967, there were six expansion teams. The Hawks, Wings, Bruins, Habs, Leafs, and Rangers were then referred to as the Original Six, meaning the Original six team from the pre-expansion era.

acr*

Bruins

Blackhawks

Rangers/Redwings

Leafs

If I were to stretch this out, the Habs would end up on page 8 of this topic.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Habs

Leafs (their fans are riding the thin line between funny and stupid, but they actually knows hockey pretty well)

Rangers

Hawks

Wings (if they wouldn't call themselves from Hockeytown, it would be easy 2nd place, though)

The squad of referees.

Maroons
Pirates
Senators

Quebec Bulldogs

Bruins.

Transported Upstater

1) Toronto
2) Chicago
3) Montreal
4) Boston
5) New York
6) Detroit

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
TransportedUpstater said:
The original 5 :D
Boston is off the chart ;) Doesn't exist for me.

I started out as a Habs fan in the phenomenal rivalry against the frustratingly-good Bruins of the seventies, then converted to my local team the Canucks before their 1982 run for the Cup and then the Bruins stole Neely from us, so... except for Bourque, that franchise doesn't exist for me!

Bloody Sabbath

Feb 29, 2004
Toronto, Canada
toronto - obviously
detroit - we don't play them enough for me to hate them, plus i respect their team.
chicago - i feel bad for them, so i can't hate them, lol
boston - our rivalry isn't that heated these days, so i can stand them.
rangers - hate what sather did with this team the past few years
habs - obviously

scribe114

Jul 12, 2005
Detroit, Michigan
MXD said:
Habs

Wings (if they wouldn't call themselves from Hockeytown, it would be easy 2nd place, though)

Bandwagoning at it's best

You could not find a Wings fan in the Detroit area when they sucked. They were known as the "Dead Things" they lost the older fanbase duirng those years and the young one jumped on board when the Wings became competitive.

I stuck with them through the "Road Game Only" broadcasts on Channel 50 through the lean years with Dale McCourt, Mike Foligno, John Ogrodnick and the declining Rogie Vachon.

So I digress....

1. Wings
2. Leafs
3. Habs
4. Hawks
5. Bruins
6. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad