Line Combos: Favorite Bruins line of the last 20 years

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Since it's the end of the year I thought it would be fun to look back at some of the better line combos the Bruins have had in recent history. I didn't start watching hockey full time until 2008 so I only have from then on to go by.

For me it was Lucic-Savard-Kessel. They had the right mix of speed, skill, toughness so they could beat you in a lot of ways. Sometimes I wonder what the team would be like if Kessel stayed and Savard never got hurt; would Krejci still be on the team? Would they have won a cup? Just think of how good they would have been if they stuck together for a few years, with Lucic turning into a better player.

So many honorable mentions.... Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder, Marchand-Campbell-Thornton, Paille-Campbell-Thornton, Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi, Lucic-Krejci-Horton

im huge fan of begeron/marchand/pastrnak but thats too easy

I liked thornton/Knuble/rolston but they didnt play together a lot... I called it before it happened and people ripped me apart because both Knuble and rolston were still massively struggling but they turned out pretty good so pat myself on the back for that

I liked stumpel/murray and I think maybe it was czerkawski playing with them on a 4th line... possibly brent hughes… was an exciting 'kid' line that I had high hopes for.

going back beyond 20 years my favorite all time line was oreilly with McNab and I guess either stan Jonathon or don marcotte usually was the other winger... I was like 8-9 years old at the time and really into full hero worship mold and I wouldnt blink when these guys got on the ice... just loved them so much

could fight... could score... played defense... never seemed to take a shift off... that was what definied bruin hockey to me

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Lucic - Krejci - Horton

By far for me.
This^

This line dominated all three zones often night in and out. They were strong in transition and puck control. Setting up their triangle in the o zone and working teams.

In short, they beat teams and they beat them up. And man do I miss it!

Looking back I didn't realize at the time how special this line really was...

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This^

This line dominated all three zones often night in and out. They were strong in transition and puck control. Setting up their triangle in the o zone and working teams.

In short, they beat teams and they beat them up. And man do I miss it!

Looking back I didn't realize at the time how special this line really was...

Lucic was such a special player.

30 goals, good defensively, good leader and in his prime a guy nobody wanted to fight.

Reactions: JCRO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad