Fast Fabbri Facts

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
So as everyone should know, Fabbri is having a great rookie season. I would like to summarize just how good it has been.

After last nights game, Fabbri is tied with Reinhart for 8th in Rookie scoring. He is 7th for goals, 9 behind Panarin.

Fabbri averages 13:14 a game. The other top 10 rookies collectively average 17:13 a game, and the next closest is Duclair with 14:21 ATOI. He is 5th in P/60 minutes for rookies.

Fabbri currently has a 9.09% 5 on 5 on-ice sh% which is about average for a top 6 forward. Other rookies have been far luckier, such as Mcdavid at 10.48%, Panarin at 10.45% and Larkin at 11.71% :amazed:. Sustaining a high on-ice sh% is not something most players are capable of, and it doesn't correlate particularly well with skill as a player. Fabbri does have a pretty high personal sh% of 15.8% so that may fall.

Fabbri is 26th among rookies for PPTOI/Game but 10th in PPP with 7.

Feel free to add your own

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you say Fabbri's name 3 times on the main boards, a Tampa fan will call him overrated. It's kind of like Beetlejuice.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
He has Fabbio-esque eyebrows

fabio.jpeg

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We only extended Pietrangelo because we were targeting Fabbri down the road and wanted to make sure we had an Italian friend for him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I know this is mainly a joke thread but Fabbri has 16 goals and 34 points in his first 65 NHL games.

Tarasenko had 8 goals and 19 points in his first 39 games (on pace for 13 goals and 31 points in 65 games, 3 goals behind Fabbri).

Could mean nothing, could mean something. All I know is that Fabbri is really good and has had a hell of a rookie season. Will he be as good as Tarasenko? Maybe not, but given that Vlad has "only" been a ~70 point player, I would not be surprised to see Fabbri reach that level. He has the skill and scoring ability.

Interesting also that they both had concussions during their rookie year too, but Fabbri to me has looked a lot more fresh and overall better as a rookie than Tarasenko did. Which, for an undersized player, does surprise me a bit but he's just that good. If there's anything that will comfort me from another early playoff exit, it's being able to watch Fabbri's development. Awesome player and great personality too. Should build around him for years.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Fabbri had a better debut than McDavid.

I will still never get over the Oilers broadcast referring to Fabbri as Connor McDavid's best friend when he scored in the season opener. They were so desperate in that broadcast to relate anything to McDavid. :laugh:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I know this is mainly a joke thread but Fabbri has 16 goals and 34 points in his first 65 NHL games.

Tarasenko had 8 goals and 19 points in his first 39 games (on pace for 13 goals and 31 points in 65 games, 3 goals behind Fabbri).

Could mean nothing, could mean something. All I know is that Fabbri is really good and has had a hell of a rookie season. Will he be as good as Tarasenko? Maybe not, but given that Vlad has "only" been a ~70 point player, I would not be surprised to see Fabbri reach that level. He has the skill and scoring ability.

Interesting also that they both had concussions during their rookie year too, but Fabbri to me has looked a lot more fresh and overall better as a rookie than Tarasenko did. Which, for an undersized player, does surprise me a bit but he's just that good. If there's anything that will comfort me from another early playoff exit, it's being able to watch Fabbri's development. Awesome player and great personality too. Should build around him for years.

I am holding out hope that he becomes our Claude Giroux. I really want to see the Blues give him a shot at center next year.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I am holding out hope that he becomes our Claude Giroux. I really want to see the Blues give him a shot at center next year.

From what Hitch said, it sounds more like Fabbri doesn't feel he's ready more then they don't view him as a Center. I distinctly remember Pang or someone mention several times Fabbri being a center or projecting as one.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I will still never get over the Oilers broadcast referring to Fabbri as Connor McDavid's best friend when he scored in the season opener. They were so desperate in that broadcast to relate anything to McDavid. :laugh:

And Fabbri using profanity on live TV in his first post-game interview was awesome, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad