Fantasy League: Soshnikov or Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

corytrevor

Sep 21, 2008
I'm in a deep keeper league which allows us to keep 15 prospects up to 100 GP. Both Soshnikov and Andreas Johnson are available and I'm thinking of picking up one of them. Categories include G,A,PTS,+-,Hits, Blocked shots, takeaways.

Was going to post this in the fantasy section, but they're both Leaf prospects and I wanted to hear the opinions of fellow Leaf fans.

Anyway, thoughts?

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Soshnikov reminds me of Nik Borschevsky.
Both are named Nik.
Get the Nik.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
hard to say. I'd go with Johnson, he might get more hits. he's also near the top of the shl getting points.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Last year Nikita produced 32 points in 57 games in the KHL (pace for 46 points in 82 games).
4th on the team, 81st in the league.
This year as a rookie in the AHL he has 21 points in 37 games (pace for 46 points in 82 games).
8th on the team, 98th in the league.

Andreas produced 35 points in 55 games last season in the SHL (pace for 52 points in 82 games).
3rd on the team, 21st in the league.
He has produced 30 in 34 so far this season, again in the SHL (pace for 72 points in 82 games).
3rd on the team, 7th in the league.

Other then Johnson trending upwards in his development and him being more established on his SHL team then Soshnikov is on his new team I think they are comparable. Keep in mind Nikita is one year older. But KHL >> SHL in terms of quality (and more travel). AHL is probably somewhere between KHL and the SHL in terms of quality.

Tricky one. I guess Nikita will be up next season while Johnson might spend a season in the AHL. But nothing is certain. I would personally go with Johnson since he really has been trending upward for some time now. And is having a great year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad