Fantasy Baseball

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Pretty sure the first thing already exists. When you propose a trade, it gives out projected stats for the remaining season, projected points values for the remaining season, and how even of a trade it is, based upon those projections.

Yeah, that’s true. I just meant something more in depth. But whatever, it is what it is.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's the difference between breaking even or paying $80, so I'm super nervous to say the least.
Kershaw giving up dingers doesn't help either.
Last week I lost a guaranteed 225, and possible 350 , because I was dumb, and didn't sit 3 hitters for the last game of Sunday night, and it's still eating at me. Who would expect Conforto, Rosario and Bellinger to go 0/11 with 1 walk, though? Lol. I was literally a single hit from any of those 3 from the win, and championship. All I needed was a single, and had 3 at bats to get it. Nope.

To make matters worse, I ran the table in our league on here. 1st place from week 1 to the final week. Have $50 because of it. My team had an obp of like .220 on Saturday and Sunday last week to put the nail in my coffin, and put me in the 3rd place game.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Last week I lost a guaranteed 225, and possible 350 , because I was dumb, and didn't sit 3 hitters for the last game of Sunday night, and it's still eating at me. Who would expect Conforto, Rosario and Bellinger to go 0/11 with 1 walk, though? Lol. I was literally a single hit from any of those 3 from the win, and championship. All I needed was a single, and had 3 at bats to get it. Nope.

To make matters worse, I ran the table in our league on here. 1st place from week 1 to the final week. Have $50 because of it. My team had an obp of like .220 on Saturday and Sunday last week to put the nail in my coffin, and put me in the 3rd place game.
Yeah, this situation happened because I didn't pay attention to the fact that Joey Lucchesi was starting in Coors Field. I wouldn't have started him had I paid attention to that. By the time I noticed the rosters had locked for the week.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
@ChiHawks10 i know you will beat yourself up, and Maybe rightly so because it could have been avoided, but no way you expect those guys to all go 0/11 with not even a walk.
Yeah. And I give you credit, your guys hit when it counted, and mine didn't. Never could have expected 0/11 out of those three though. Did have a single walk... lol. I think Bellinger walked. Still.

Reactions: TLEH

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
**** you all....
I believe the loss by Arizona makes it official @AmericanDream. I think your only chance at winning was to pick up 2 saves. Don't think you can reach the K/9 or WHIP numbers to overtake me in those. Hell of a matchup, and crazy week, though. Basically the win came down to walks today... I was only up by 1 walk at the start of the day, and all you needed was to tie that category for the win. If it makes you feel any better, I would have won no matter what the tie breaker was, also.

Great season all. Congrats to all the winners.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
And don't be hitting me up for payments all. Yahoo pays out automatically within the first week or two after the season.
I have no control over it. :thumbu:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Well fought @TLEHMANN . A rough outing or two buried you in pitching stats early, it’s why I prefer h2h points leagues.

Was fun. I’d be down to try again next year.
GGs

Yeah I don't love H2H categories but I still enjoyed playing it. I personally prefer roto but I agree that I like points leagues better. My father had never played and he became addicted to it so he would for sure want to play again.

My pitching was my downfall all year. Trevor Bauer was trash and Doolittle was good for a while, but got hurt and lost the closer role. I also held Yordan Alvarez for weeks and dropped him a week before he got called up finally.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
GGs

Yeah I don't love H2H categories but I still enjoyed playing it. I personally prefer roto but I agree that I like points leagues better. My father had never played and he became addicted to it so he would for sure want to play again.

My pitching was my downfall all year. Trevor Bauer was trash and Doolittle was good for a while, but got hurt and lost the closer role. I also held Yordan Alvarez for weeks and dropped him a week before he got called up finally.
I went all in on hitting with my draft and thought I’d figure out pitching as I went. Hitting got me here, pitching won it for me. Baseball is weird.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I believe the loss by Arizona makes it official @AmericanDream. I think your only chance at winning was to pick up 2 saves. Don't think you can reach the K/9 or WHIP numbers to overtake me in those. Hell of a matchup, and crazy week, though. Basically the win came down to walks today... I was only up by 1 walk at the start of the day, and all you needed was to tie that category for the win. If it makes you feel any better, I would have won no matter what the tie breaker was, also.

Great season all. Congrats to all the winners.
my hope was either walks or k/9..I had nobody left to throw as most of my closers were d2d as well..oh well, I got to the finals with a team filled with corpses as half my team was on IR the whole damn year lol.

honestly, we should never have a tie breaker that is higher seed wins..I f***ing absolutely hate that...I so much would rather lose by h2h record..which you had I believe anyway but for hockey I would make sure what our tie breakers are as higher seed means nothing if you had an easier schedule overall..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
my hope was either walks or k/9..I had nobody left to throw as most of my closers were d2d as well..oh well, I got to the finals with a team filled with corpses as half my team was on IR the whole damn year lol.

honestly, we should never have a tie breaker that is higher seed wins..I ****ing absolutely hate that...I so much would rather lose by h2h record..which you had I believe anyway but for hockey I would make sure what our tie breakers are as higher seed means nothing if you had an easier schedule overall..

If you could have gotten a save out of both relievers you also could have won, even without taking walks or k/9. I was on edge until that Arizona game ended. :laugh:

Yeah, I hadn't realized that it was set to higher seed, honestly. No one ever brought it up. Hockey is already set to h2h via categories. Draft is scheduled for Sunday at 7pm.

And yeah, I did have the h2h record, 12-10, so it didn't really matter either way.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you could have gotten a save out of both relievers you also could have won, even without taking walks or k/9. I was on edge until that Arizona game ended. :laugh:

Yeah, I hadn't realized that it was set to higher seed, honestly. No one ever brought it up. Hockey is already set to h2h via categories. Draft is scheduled for Sunday at 7pm.

And yeah, I did have the h2h record, 12-10, so it didn't really matter either way.
I wasn't even looking at saves since Hand has barely pitched in a week lol..wasn't even considering that - but good battle tough way to lose!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad