Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Now that the Avs are out
I would go with our sister team in Florida I suppose, but for me it becomes more about rooting for certain players to win. Thankfully Barkov is there and Bob is easy to root for.
Unfortunately Canes are out so I can't root for Burns and Aho.
Dallas has my #1 guy to root for in Pavs. Benn and Heiskanen would be solid too, but they have the quitter Duchene, so I can't root too hard for them.
If I have to root for a Canadian team it will be the Nucks since they have Zadorov.
Nothing interests me much in Edmonton or NY.

Reactions: Laus723

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I'm rooting for Dallas. I love the joh that former assistant GM on the Wings Jim Nill has done there. Dallas has drafted extremely well and has brought in some good veteran pieces as well.

But f*** Jamie Benn and his constant dirty play, rooting for the rest of the team though.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Vancouver-I think any fanbase up North that breaks the Canada curse will be insufferable for at least 3-5 years so they have that going against them....
Nah, up here it would be like when the Cubs won their first WS in 108 years or when American Pharoh won the first triple crown since 1978.

It would be talked about heavily for the next week or two, then forgotten about expect in the actual market that won.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Now that the Avs are out
I would go with our sister team in Florida I suppose, but for me it becomes more about rooting for certain players to win. Thankfully Barkov is there and Bob is easy to root for.
Unfortunately Canes are out so I can't root for Burns and Aho.
Dallas has my #1 guy to root for in Pavs. Benn and Heiskanen would be solid too, but they have the quitter Duchene, so I can't root too hard for them.
If I have to root for a Canadian team it will be the Nucks since they have Zadorov.
Nothing interests me much in Edmonton or NY.
Welcome on the wagon, lol. But I have to ask about “Sister team” reference.
Is this because of the 96 Cup matchup?
Bob is easy to root for. He seems like a genuinely good guy, and he works his ass of at being the best he can

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Welcome on the wagon, lol. But I have to ask about “Sister team” reference.
Is this because of the 96 Cup matchup?
Bob is easy to root for. He seems like a genuinely good guy, and he works his ass of at being the best he can
We've kinda been on the same cycles of good-bad stages and we had some fun hoping for some of the same draft prospects since the MacK Barkov year.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
As a Habs fan, even tho it would be much better if it were the Habs that do it, I'd be able to live with the fact that Edmonton be the team to bring back the cup home
I'll ride with that train

Second choice is Florida

Heck, I'd be able to live with Dallas too, if they were to become the Stanley Cup champions

Anyone but the f***ing Rangers plz

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It's so weird because I like all 4 of these teams and wouldn't be mad with practically any outcome as long as the series from here on out continue to be hard fought and somewhat close.

But if I had to pick, I'll pick Florida in the east due to me still having solid Flames connections and admiration for Tkachuk and Bennett. Also I've grown to really like Barkov having watched him more now. Heck throw in Babrovsky and a few others.

But I don't hate the Rangers and hey, NHL ratings would be highest with them in the finals.

It's nice to see Florida (and I suppose the southeast) in general having the success it's having. Hope this builds a solid, solid deep fanbase (which I'm sure it already has by this point).

In the west I just can't deny the Oilers their time. McDavid and Draisatl are due (as are the rest starting with vet RNH). So they've got my support by a hair over Dallas.

I like Dallas and a NYR/Dallas finals would be all sorts of crazy.

Anyway.

Florida in the east. Edmonton in the west. Edmonton wining the cup. Those are my leanings though I'm rather good with any outcome provided the series are hard fought and competitive. GL to all.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Florida, didn't see this thread earlier but my 2nd pick wouldve been them from the start.

Lots of VAN/FLA tie ins & the current roster has players I like.

2B is Dallas, mainly cause I want to see Tanev get a cup but now also to see Canada eliminated from the playoffs.

So go Florida & Dallas!

• Love

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
I want to see a SC Finals of Dallas vs NY.

The Rustlers vs the City Slickers! Epic finals!
Also, there is a historical connection between the teams revolving around the Rangers original owner, “Tex”Rickard. Wiki says…

Rickard was born in Kansas City, Missouri. His youth was spent in Sherman, Texas, where his parents had moved when he was four years old. His father died, and his mother then moved to Henrietta, Texas while he was still a young boy.Rickard became a cowboy at age 11, after the death of his father. At age 23, he was elected marshal of Henrietta, Texas. He acquired the nickname "Tex" at this time.

Reactions: Petrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad