Pre-Game Talk: "Fan Appreciation Night" | Isles @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Penguins leadership sure dose appreciate their fans.

It takes a certain amount of dedication to spend $100-200 per game just to watch this Circus Freak show. In a city where the average annual household income is $40K no less.

Hey - someone has to cover the salary of 10000 assistant GM's :sarcasm:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just friggin' win you bunch of fragile headcases. And try not to get hurt doing it.

Tall order, yeah... but just... find a way.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I will be there, have tickets.

Usually the game is meaningless and it is more about the constant giveaways, mostly of stupid things.

Section 109, Row W. YOU HAVE WON A SMALL PACKAGE OF POTATO CHIPS!

Section 205, Row B. YOU HAVE WON A PACK OF GUM!

So it will be moderately surreal, and annoying to be honest, to have constant interruptions for that crap of a meaningful game. I am not sure how the crowd will react.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For fan appreciation night can you guys give us a win to spchee about?

I have had cell phones screw me over on spell check before when posting here. But I have no clue even what you were trying to say there.

That said, as I said above I will be there and I want you to spchee all over the room when they win.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Does anybody know why the pens couldn't send DP down to the baby pens and call up another def?

I'm guessing its because hes injured, but you would think they could send him down somehow and have him be a so called healthy scratch for the baby pens.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Whatever happened to the "cap magic" of Botterill? Did his MS Office-License expire so he can't use Excel anymore?

It's really pathetic that we're having only 5D for the most important games of the season. And as someone recently put it (on Twitter, I believe), if we make it, people will wonder why Martin looks so gassed in round one. :shakehead

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Does anybody know why the pens couldn't send DP down to the baby pens and call up another def?

I'm guessing its because hes injured, but you would think they could send him down somehow and have him be a so called healthy scratch for the baby pens.

You can't demote an injured player.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I just don't see how the Pens can beat the Islanders with 5D, when that 5 includes Chorney, Scuderi, and Lovejoy.

If you had a 5 of Letang, Martin, Maatta, Pouliot, and Cole... okay. I'll buy a chance. But you're putting our slowest, most-ineffective Dmen against a fast team, and then playing them 25-30 minutes.

Recipe for disaster.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Whatever happened to the "cap magic" of Botterill? Did his MS Office-License expire so he can't use Excel anymore?

It's really pathetic that we're having only 5D for the most important games of the season. And as someone recently put it (on Twitter, I believe), if we make it, people will wonder why Martin looks so gassed in round one. :shakehead

I laughed, I cried.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

You can't send down an injured player.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just don't see how the Pens can beat the Islanders with 5D, when that 5 includes Chorney, Scuderi, and Lovejoy.

Recipe for disaster.

*sigh*

Yeah. That's about as ugly as it gets. I wish it were fate that had foisted something so stupid and ****** upon them. But...

Hopefully they somehow find a way despite such a crippling disadvantage. But more likely it's going to have to come down to the very last game of the season, huh?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

If you had a 5 of Letang, Martin, Maatta, Pouliot, and Cole... okay. I'll buy a chance. But you're putting our slowest, most-ineffective Dmen against a fast team, and then playing them 25-30 minutes.

Recipe for disaster.

Yikes that is bad.

Lovejoy-Martin
Scuderi-Cole
Chorney

The Isles will skate circles around that D.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That sucks, you wish there was some way around it.

Pens are starting the game off with a huge disadvantage again, its going to be tough tonight.

Meh. They get relief in two games.

When Boston lost last night it removed a ton of pressure. The Pens are very unlikely to miss the playoffs now.

And the cap and roster restrictions are gone when the regular season ends. The only thing to worry about at that point is how far along Letang's recovery is to be honest. But they will be a much different team no matter what when the playoffs start. Assuming that they make them which, according to the site you believe, between a 90% and 96% chance now.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I just want us to win so the game between the Sens and Philly is meaningless from our point of view and we don't have the entire league watching us potentially collapse against the Buffalo Sabres tomorrow.

*sigh*

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

I posted the tweets in the injury thread. Reid McNeill is the only baby pen D that can fit under the cap, and he's injured. Harrington's bonuses push his salary over $650,000.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
That sucks, you wish there was some way around it.

Pens are starting the game off with a huge disadvantage again, its going to be tough tonight.

The only thing the Pens have going for them is that the Islanders have also been a garbage fire in their own right the last month or so. But to Capp's point Martin and Cole can't play the whole game. The Islanders will have to try not to score against the other 3.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Meh. They get relief in two games.

When Boston lost last night it removed a ton of pressure. The Pens are very unlikely to miss the playoffs now.

And the cap and roster restrictions are gone when the regular season ends. The only thing to worry about at that point is how far along Letang's recovery is to be honest. But they will be a much different team no matter what when the playoffs start. Assuming that they make them which, according to the site you believe, between a 90% and 96% chance now.

I know the pens are making the playoffs.

Its just that you killing your def at the end of the season going into the playoffs, these def are already going to be worn out before the playoffs start.

Another thing is if the pens lose tonight they will most likely finish 8th and play the NYR.

If there is any hope for the pens to play the Atlantic they most likely need to at least get a point tonight.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Capgeek was our capologist.

That Despres trade is looking better and better. :rant:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I posted the tweets in the injury thread. Reid McNeill is the only baby pen D that can fit under the cap, and he's injured. Harrington's bonuses push his salary over $650,000.

I think your talking about the emergency rule.

DP is making 863K, if there was a way to send his contract down to WB they should be able to call up any of those def, but i guess there is no way around it to get him sent down to the baby pens.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
I have had cell phones screw me over on spell check before when posting here. But I have no clue even what you were trying to say there.

That said, as I said above I will be there and I want you to spchee all over the room when they win.

Woah, didn't see that. Pretty sure I meant cheer. :laugh:

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
How about a reverse Pens effort tonight? Play scared turtle defense for the first 2 periods and run them to the ground in the third.

Though even that would probably result in an OT loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad