Falling Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checker*

It seems like every year a guy, who no one really expects to, slides down the draft board. Who do you guys see getting picked much lower than where he is projected to go. Honestly I could see that happen to O'Marra if he gets past Chicago. GMs may take a pass on him because he's one of those jack-of-all-trades guys with maybe not quite the upside as some of the other prospects. I think he could fall victim to being "too safe" of a pick.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
if Kopitar doesn't get picked by Columbus, i can see him fall past 10.

mytor4*

boredmale said:
if Kopitar doesn't get picked by Columbus, i can see him fall past 10.
pretty hard for columbus to pick him when he's wearing a habs uniform

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
mytor4 said:

WHy do you think the Habs will draft him. I hope we don't. He seems risky and we have enough of those in our farm

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
I can see O'Marra dropping, but the team that does pick him will be happier than any team, except the obvious

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
mytor4 said:

Pretty hard to imagine the Habs picking him when they have serious questions about his skating and have gone public with them...

As for who will fall, I am thinking a guy like Zagrapan could take a bit of a fall and go in the 15-25 range.

Mr. Lack

Feb 27, 2002
Dumont, NJ
Visit site
Garp said:
Zagrapan is a good take

I could see McKardell(???) fall too

McArdle is the kind of guy who I think could sneak up higher in the draft. Teams that stress character for their prospects could take a flyer on him somewhere in the 10-13 area because they feel because of his attitude and effort they are getting a sure-fire 2nd liner.

If you are targeting O'Marra as one of the first players taken outside the TOP 6, then I think he will slip a bit. I don't know why, but I see him outside the TOP 10 right now. Players like him might not be sexy enough for the teams in the TOP 10.

Just a hunch.

frnchmn11

Jun 19, 2005
Bourret has been falling. Earlier in the year he was ranked in the top 10. Now, he is around 17. He has such talent but he needs to get his act together. I'll bet after talking with coach Clem, who was an assistant coach and scout for the Habs for 5 years, NHL GM's who were really interested may have backed off considering how he and his agent handled themselves during the off season and his subsiquent trade to Shawinigan. Ultimately, I feel he will surprise many and still get picked higher.

But, we can try and figure out what the team dynamics and needs are but we only have part of the picture. I remember last year when Alex Picard was ranked around 15 to 20 and many thought he was going to be a high 2nd round pick but got picked by Columbus at #8 :clap:.

All I can say at this point is DROP THE PUCK AND LET PLAY SOME HOCKEY!!! :handclap:

benji

Took too much, man.
Dec 8, 2002
Too much.
yo
I can see Latendresse either getting picked really early (10,11,12) or really late (early-mid 2nd round).

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
If the Habs pass on Kopitar, they will regret it. Having Kopitar and Kostitsyn on the same line in a few years will pay huge dividents. All this talk about Slovenia not producing NHL talent before is dumb. It's not like he was playing there lately, and his skills were at full display in the SEL Jr. and at the WC when he played against NHL talent and didnt look out of place. If developped right, he will wind up being the best player in this draft after Crosby, and his decision to play in the SEL next year is a step in that direction. His dad is a hockey coach and the kid has a great attitude and work ethic. I really hope he falls to the Habs and they take him.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
x-bob said:
WHy do you think the Habs will draft him. I hope we don't. He seems risky and we have enough of those in our farm

Yeah, but most of those risks are turning out quite well... hardly worth picking overly safe when you seem to be lucking out with risky players. I'm hoping we trade up for JJ or can pick Kopitar at 5.

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC
I can really see Latendresse sliding. Although I suppose it isn't much of a slide considering when he's ranked 52 in North America by Central Scouting, but it's sure a long way from going neck and neck with Brule for #2 overall like he was early in the season.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
gameface said:
I can really see Latendresse sliding. Although I suppose it isn't much of a slide considering when he's ranked 52 in North America by Central Scouting, but it's sure a long way from going neck and neck with Brule for #2 overall like he was early in the season.

With Letandresse it comes down to skating and that's that. If you are buying what he is selling, you'll take him in the top 20. If teams think his skating can carry him at the next level they'll jump all over him and call him a steal. If they don't, he'll sit there on the draft board and rot away for a few rounds.

I'm willing to bet one team is buying him in the top 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad