GDT: Faber vs Bedard - 2:30 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Watching the hawks these last few years has me actually kind of feeling sorry for Chi fans... those here that get all bent out of shape thinking the wild should tank are nuts. Even if Chi get Celebrini (if/when it happens I'm still going to shit my puke out of sheer disgust) they are still an extremely long ways away from icing an actual team. Miss me with that

Reactions: MNRube

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Watching the hawks these last few years has me actually kind of feeling sorry for Chi fans... those here that get all bent out of shape thinking the wild should tank are nuts. Even if Chi get Celebrini (if/when it happens I'm still going to shit my puke out of sheer disgust) they are still an extremely long ways away from icing an actual team. Miss me with that
100%.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looks like Buster is redeemed

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They've won 3 Cups in the last 14 years! Don't feel sorry for them one bit. Their fans can afford to deal with some disappointment.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They've won 3 Cups in the last 14 years! Don't feel sorry for them one bit. Their fans can afford to deal with some disappointment.

3 Cups

for

Maybe a decade of being bad
Another generational talent or two
Future Cup considerations with that talent

Yeah I'll take that trade all the time. We've been mediocre for two and a half decades and I'm not sure being bad is much worse.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
3 Cups

for

Yeah I'll take that trade all the time. We've been mediocre for two and a half decades and I'm not sure being bad is much worse.
And it goes beyond the Wild.....We've been dealing with the pain since 1967. I wasn't alive then, but still.....

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
3 Cups

for

Would you though? Would you enjoy enjoy a DECADE of being bad for the possibility of hoisting a cup? Maybe I'm not a true fan. That seems miserable man. Give me the last decade of the Wild (not this year, lol) without a cup and first round exits over what all of the perennial tank teams have.

Not trying to pick a fight, outside of a couple pro tank posters I respect your opinion.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So Hynes played Kaprizov 24 minutes in a meaningless back to back game, and an afternoon one at that. I'm happy that he is scoring and looking to be all the way back, but WTF is he doing? Shouldn't he be limiting his minutes(and chance for injury caused by fatigue) and getting a look at other players rather than overplaying his top guys?
I don’t like watching this team when Kaprizov’s not on the ice, so I’m cool with it

Owen Nolan

Mar 3, 2024
Would you though? Would you enjoy enjoy a DECADE of being bad for the possibility of hoisting a cup? Maybe I'm not a true fan. That seems miserable man. Give me the last decade of the Wild (not this year, lol) without a cup and first round exits over what all of the perennial tank teams have.

Not trying to pick a fight, outside of a couple pro tank posters I respect your opinion.
I feel like there are drastically different approaches to “the tank”. There’s the Chicago version of tearing it down to the studs. Then there’s the Colorado (Makar draft) version… I really, really, wish the Wild would’ve embraced some version of the latter.
I’m 100% convinced the only reason the Wild haven’t embraced a “competitive rebuild” is $$$ revenue. Pretending like we’re a contender when the team is clearly flawed feel dishonest.
Here’s my logic. The team started at a $14.7 disadvantage. Keeping some core young veteran leadership and embracing youth development with a goal of creating a contender is a concept I think this market would embrace. The contract extensions were idiotic day #1. Having the ability to strategically lose the second half of an injury riddled year is pragmatic asset management.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I had more fun and was more emotionally invested in watching the Diamondbacks (my favorite MLB team) go to the World Series and lose last year than in my 20 years being a fan of this Wild team. So yes, I would take an actual shot at a championship over first round exits every year. It's much better to believe you have a chance at winning the entire thing in a given year. Whether we win 45 games and lose in the first round, or win 20 games and never make the playoffs, there's not much difference.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I feel like there are drastically different approaches to “the tank”. There’s the Chicago version of tearing it down to the studs. Then there’s the Colorado (Makar draft) version… I really, really, wish the Wild would’ve embraced some version of the latter.
I’m 100% convinced the only reason the Wild haven’t embraced a “competitive rebuild” is $$$ revenue. Pretending like we’re a contender when the team is clearly flawed feel dishonest.
Here’s my logic. The team started at a $14.7 disadvantage. Keeping some core young veteran leadership and embracing youth development with a goal of creating a contender is a concept I think this market would embrace. The contract extensions were idiotic day #1. Having the ability to strategically lose the second half of an injury riddled year is pragmatic asset management.

COL wasn't competitive and it turned into a botched rebuild that started with the Barrie, Duchene, and ROR draft in '09 lead to the Maker draft.

Really, if the draft balls hadn't hated COL they would have had a 4th top-3 pick to go along with Duchene, MacKinnon, and Landy picks all within the span of 9 years (6 total top-10 picks).

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
BUF (Kane and ROR trade years) botched it's rebuild in a similar way to COL, by going for it before they had enough pieces.
If my memory serves, Carolina is a team that did it right. Yes, they have a #1 OV pick but Svechnikov isn't even their best player, their best forwards were drafted #12, 13, or in the 2nd round. And still have a strong prospect pool and assets to trade for Guentzel.

Owen Nolan

Mar 3, 2024
BUF (Kane and ROR trade years) botched its rebuild in a similar way to COL, by going for it before they had enough pieces.
Are you suggesting the Wild wait for better prospects before trying to assembling a contending roster?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If my memory serves, Carolina is a team that did it right. Yes, they have a #1 OV pick but Svechnikov isn't even their best player, their best forwards were drafted #12, 13, or in the 2nd round. And still have a strong prospect pool and assets to trade for Guentzel.

CAR makes a lot of trades, and seems to win most of them. They aren't afraid to get rid of players that don't fit or are going to be overpaid on their next contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad