FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.19 - Bernier extension coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I think we'll get a late 2015 1st or maybe 2016 1st but maybe conditional on games played...

Thats fair, bumps down to a 2nd if it is not met. I'd also add a condition to making the conference finals regardless of games played. I don't think we should retain on Lupul. If need be save it for someone else.

1st(cond.) + short term dump for Lupul.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Thats fair, bumps down to a 2nd if it is not met. I'd also add a condition to making the conference finals regardless of games played. I don't think we should retain on Lupul. If need be save it for someone else.

1st(cond.) + short term dump for Lupul.

Yeah I don't see us retaining and hope we don't. Lupul is still great player when healthy.

Hope we save our salary retention for the tougher moves like maybe Phaneuf in the off season, as holding some money on him would get us a much better return IMO.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Can't believe Lupul told the media he wouldn't be a 100% healthy this season. Trying to sabotage trade efforts to move him so he can keep his off ice endorsements in Toronto?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can't believe Lupul told the media he wouldn't be a 100% healthy this season. Trying to sabotage trade efforts to move him so he can keep his off ice endorsements in Toronto?

Teams are not stupid. They would know, especially after physicals.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I would have to think it is a deal around Bournival and draft picks with maybe another prospect for Lupul to Mtl. Something along the lines of Bournival, another prospect (maybe Thomas) and a 2nd

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would have to think it is a deal around Bournival and draft picks with maybe another prospect for Lupul to Mtl. Something along the lines of Bournival, another prospect (maybe Thomas) and a 2nd

That's what I'm thinking. The need is there, we've been talking for a while and are interested in Bournival.

:leafs
P.A. Parenteau
Michael Bournival
Conditional 2nd round pick 2016 (becomes a 1st if Lupul plays at least 60 games next season).

:habs
Joffrey Lupul
David Booth

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
That's what I'm thinking. The need is there, we've been talking for a while and are interested in Bournival.

P.A. Parenteau
Michael Bournival
Conditional 2nd round pick 2016 (becomes a 1st if Lupul plays at least 60 games next season).

Joffrey Lupul
David Booth

How about drop Bournival, make the 2nd 2015 and add 2016 conditional 3rd with the option of going to 2nd if he plays 55-60 games.

I think his value is 2nd and 3rd, or 2 2nd or late 1st. I just don't have the confidence that he'll play 60 games.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
i hope we trade Lupul. Not because of any real dislike just because of cap hit, injuries, inconsistent game as well as weak defensively. He is a real good goal scorer when on though.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011

P.A. Parenteau
Michael Bournival

Joffrey Lupul
David Booth

I don't think Tor has to take PAP in the deal, I believe he is out with a concussion and it could be awhile for him to come back off IR, if he does at all. I still think Something along what u had there:

Leafs:
Bournival
Thomas maybe Jacob de La Rose
2nd 2015 turns into a first if Lupul plays healthy throughout the rest of the season and playoffs

Habs:
Lupul
Holzer or Booth

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010

P.A. Parenteau
Michael Bournival

Joffrey Lupul
David Booth

I like those.

I'd do:

Lupul, Booth for Parenteau, Thomas, Bournival/Pateryn, 2nd 2015.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I don't think Tor has to take PAP in the deal, I believe he is out with a concussion and it could be awhile for him to come back off IR, if he does at all. I still think Something along what u had there:

Leafs:
Bournival
Thomas maybe Jacob de La Rose
2nd 2015 turns into a first if Lupul plays healthy throughout the rest of the season and playoffs

Habs:
Lupul
Holzer or Booth

We won't get JDLR. Not a chance. But Bournival + another prospect (not Pateryn/Thomas though) + pick for Lupul + Booth would be great if possible. I just think in order for them to get Lupul under the cap without retention, PAP or some other cap dump would have to come back...

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
We won't get JDLR. Not a chance. But Bournival + another prospect + pick for Lupul + Booth would be great if possible. I just think in order for them to get Lupul under the cap without retention, PAP or some other cap dump would have to come back...

Ya that is more of a wishful thinking on my part for JdLR, it won't happen I dont know why I added it tbh. I think I was hoping it would really happen lol

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
My reasonable and ideal deadline (Yes I undervalue deals on the main board so people don't say LOL LEAF FANS)

Pittsburgh
Lupul
for
Bertuzzo (Dump)
Spaling (Dump)
2nd round pick

Winnipeg
Winnik
for
2nd round pick

Any top 10 team
Booth
for
7th round pick

Jokinen
for
7th round pick

Holzer
for
7th round pick

Nashville
Bozak
for
3rd + 4th

or

Bozak
Winnik (Instead of other)
early 4th
for
Stalberg (dump) 2 year left after this one
Jarnkok

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
My reasonable and ideal deadline (Yes I undervalue deals on the main board so people don't say LOL LEAF FANS)

Pittsburgh
Lupul
for
Bertuzzo (Dump)
Spaling (Dump)
2nd round pick

Winnipeg
Winnik
for
2nd round pick

Any top 10 team
Booth
for
7th round pick

Jokinen
for
7th round pick

Holzer
for
7th round pick

Nashville
Bozak
for
3rd + 4th

or

Bozak
early 4th
for
Jarnkok

The Bozak trade idea is ok, I don't see it happening but I would keep an eye on Ana and NYR trying to get Bozak. Putting Bozak on the 3rd line and interchange him on the 2nd for faceoffs in a deep playoff push would be my guess, IF the leafs are gonna trade him

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

Pittsburgh
Lupul
for
Bertuzzo (Dump)
Spaling (Dump)
2nd round pick

Winnipeg
Winnik
for
2nd round pick

Any top 10 team
Booth
for
7th round pick

Jokinen
for
7th round pick

Holzer
for
7th round pick

Nashville
Bozak
for
3rd + 4th

or

Bozak
early 4th
for
Jarnkok

2 cap dumps for Lupul? Seriously? Are you Dave Nonis?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Ya that is more of a wishful thinking on my part for JdLR, it won't happen I dont know why I added it tbh. I think I was hoping it would really happen lol

We'll see what happens. I like even contracts in a deal, but if that were to happen with PAP, 2 prospects and a pick, that would be a 7 piece deal... I don't think that'll happen.

All I know, I'd say there's an 80% chance any deal involving Lupul will happen with Bergevin and the Habs. They want long term guys, we like Bournival (and Thomas but ugh, I hate more than one Kozun-small player on a team at a time), and they have a need for someone of Lupul's skill set. I'm sure we'll get a good deal done, and I'll be happy to see what happens by Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad