FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.17 - Bored, Now. Make another Trade Happen, Nonis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
I could see Tampa or the Habs giving up their 1st for Polak, especially if we took some salary back.

2nd +3rd much more likely though

Last edited:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I could see a team like LA maybe coughing up a first for Polak if they get really desperate to make the playoffs and can't settle on a deal for Dion. I'm thinking Polak for 1st and cap dump not named Mike Richards would get it done. Even if we add a small + on our side to sweeten the pot

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I could see a team like LA maybe coughing up a first for Polak if they get really desperate to make the playoffs and can't settle on a deal for Dion. I'm thinking Polak for 1st and cap dump not named Mike Richards would get it done. Even if we add a small + on our side to sweeten the pot

I really really doubt that polak would fetch us a first rounder. We'd be lucky with a second IMO.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Deadline deals:
Phaneuf- Cap dump, 1st, prospect
Bozak - 2nd + prospect
Winnik- 2nd +4th
Holzer- 6th
Booth- 6th
Jokinen- 7th

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
if they're asking for a 2nd+3rd or 2nd+prospect for winnik

Bozak at the very least deserves a late first with his faceoff ability and 50 points or so a year.

excited for some more trades though, really happy that we're adding to our future, want at least one more 1st and a 2nd

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Why everyone is so eager dumping Holzer for a 6th/7th rounder. Yes he will be a UFA, but the organization has invested many years in him already and he seems to be a serviceable dman in the NHL. I would try to extend his contract before the season ends.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I agree with the valuation. I think we'll see all of 'em happen at the TDL.

what team thats high enough in the standings that they are willing to give up a 1st has enough cap room to take on Phaneuf even with there cap dump?

Only option i see is Anaheim... Maybe they can squeeze Dion in if they move Stoner out...They easily have enough prospect depth to send us a prospect and they had two 1sts last year so they might not mind sending a 1st our way.

Its just i thought i heard Getzlaf and Dion didn't get along that well... But thats definitely the only realistic TDL option i see for Phaneuf.

Dallas or L.A would not send us their 1sts as they are not in a high enough seating to risk their 1st.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Like how dreger mentions that not a single offer for dion has requested they retain salary on him.

I think way too many posters here undervalue him, guy is a solid #2-3 d-man and that 7m caphit is market value and will look fine as the superstars get new 10-12m contracts etc.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Deadline deals:
Phaneuf- Cap dump, 1st, prospect
Bozak - 2nd + prospect
Winnik- 2nd +4th
Holzer- 6th
Booth- 6th
Jokinen- 7th

Yeah I agree with this overall.

Why everyone is so eager dumping Holzer for a 6th/7th rounder. Yes he will be a UFA, but the organization has invested many years in him already and he seems to be a serviceable dman in the NHL. I would try to extend his contract before the season ends.

Because he's not really a serviceable D-man in the NHL. He is horrendous from a possession standpoint, and he has the highest PDO-adjusted GA/60 on the team. And that's saying a lot.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Dion is going to fetch a decent return. If LA wants him they will have to pay up. He's not a 25 min #1D but next to Doughty he would look freaking great.

IMO, it takes 2015 1st, Kempe and Rochards as cap dump to get it done.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yup, Franson and Methot were two of the biggest names out there, and Nashville wasn't even one of the teams rumored to be going after a D-man. Myers was the biggest prize on the market, and he went to a team that wasn't expected to be one of the big "buyers" as well.

I believe the only significant D on the market remaining are Petry and Sekera, and there's quite a few teams (Cali teams, Detroit, Habs, etc) still looking to upgrade.

Polak wouldn't be a bad guy to hold onto through our rebuild though, he could be a nice interim partner for Rielly.

I saw reports that said Nashville were interested in a defender and specifically Franson. Detroit were interested in Franson as well but were reported to be not interested in moving a 1st rounder or one of their solid prospects for him.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Hubs, petrovic or howden, 1st 15, 2nd 16

For kessel and holzer

You're asking way too much.

4 good pieces for Kessel is too much, nobody's paying that. Holzer isn't worth much... 4/5th round pick at most.

I would imagine you'll see even more improbable trade proposals than this one. Waiting for a proposal that suggests Barkov or Ekblad, a 1st and 2nd and probably something else thrown in as well.

I think you'll see these kind of king's ransom type trades proposed. Optimism abounds in here at this time of year and ostensibly all GMs forget about team building and go for broke for our player.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
SeaOfBlue you are delusional if you think FLA will trade Barkov in a Kessel deal. Him, Ekblad and Bjudgstad are untouchable. Tallon has said as much.

It's like the other teams calling the Leafs and asking for Rielly.

Ya they aren't moving either their #1C or #1D for a winger. If Barkov was available for Kessel the deal would be done by now. Possibly even 1 for 1.

LOL. Here's how it done:

Barkov, Ekblad, Huberdeau, 1st and 2nd for Kessel & Holzer.

Kessel has a home in Florida and they need star power to market their franchise, plus Kessel is one of the top snipers, playmakers and forwards in the league.

If the Panthers don't want to play ball, then we'll just a make a deal with one of the 20 teams that are lined up at our door.

:naughty:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Would be a good deal for the Leafs. Santorelli netted us essentially a 2nd, so will the Winnik trade almost double the return? Hopefully I suppose.

Dreger reported Pittsburg put in an offer for Winnik weeks ago. This was when the Leafs were 1-10 under Horachek. Obviously the price the Leafs wanted wasn't met. Reports are Rutherford is holding onto his 2nd rd pick(no 1st or 3rd) so prospect is probably the alternative. I can see Scott Harrington being a target. We will see.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
LOL. Here's how it done:

Barkov, Ekblad, Huberdeau, 1st and 2nd for Kessel & Holzer.

Kessel has a home in Florida and they need star power to market their franchise, plus Kessel is one of the top snipers, playmakers and forwards in the league.

If the Panthers don't want to play ball, then we'll just a make a deal with one of the 20 teams that are lined up at our door.

:naughty:

Florida do make a lot of sense for those reasons. They are 4 points behind Boston who hold the last WC spot, Florida has a game in hand so they could be 2 points out of a playoff spot and they have every reason to push hard for the playoffs this season.

Now I do understand they see a move for Kessel including their young core players being contra productive and I guess that is why we will not deal with them. But having said that, Gudbranson is currently 5th in ice time for the Panthers (Ekblad is 2nd btw) and for all the talk about his leadership skills he has never even had an A.
I dont watch much of the Panthers so I dont really know what level Gudbransons play is at but he is some one I used to like anyway even do I lost track on his development.

Now if we could include Polak, who would replace Gudbranson´s minutes with out any problems to a deal involving Kessel. They would of course have to add their 1st.
We would get a young right handed defenseman with size who could/should be a top 4 defenseman (sounds familiar...) and a 1st in this years draft that would be in the middle.

More pieces would go our way but the bases of the deal would be Kessel+Polak for Gudbranson and a 1st. Lol, writing it like that makes it sound awful but as I said, other pieces would have to be included.

HOTD

Jan 11, 2013
I really really doubt that polak would fetch us a first rounder. We'd be lucky with a second IMO.

I agree, the plus would have to be big on our end. Even in a weak draft I don't see Polak getting a 1st. If Polak gets a first, that means Sekera gets a 1st along with Petry, Coburn etc.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Would be a good deal for the Leafs. Santorelli netted us essentially a 2nd, so will the Winnik trade almost double the return? Hopefully I suppose.

Nashville only wanted to pay a 2nd for Franson. Including Santa bumped it to the 1st rounder and prospect.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I think leafs will try to trade Kessel and Phaneuf in the summer and or draft when they can maximize the return. Bozak and Lupul could go at the deadline or in the summer. It will be interesting to see if they try to trade Gardiner, Kadri or JVR. Personally I would keep them, but who knows the extent of which they want to purge. There are only so many good first round picks in one draft. They should try to spread them around to future drafts as well.

It's true you can't trade the whole team. But those first 4 need to go.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
Nashville only wanted to pay a 2nd for Franson. Including Santa bumped it to the 1st rounder and prospect.

Find it a funny move for Nashville myself. Giving up 2 pretty big assets for 2 rentals in positions they didn't really need a lot of. Santo is a good acquisition for them but what use do they have for Franson ? If the leafs had of pulled off a move like that at some point these boards would have a melt down :laugh:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Find it a funny move for Nashville myself. Giving up 2 pretty big assets for 2 rentals in positions they didn't really need a lot of. Santo is a good acquisition for them but what use do they have for Franson ? If the leafs had of pulled off a move like that at some point these boards would have a melt down :laugh:

They are gearing up for the playoffs. They need depth on D something Franson provides. He can also be used effectively on the PP. Santa gives them a hard working forward who can slot in at any forward position in the top 9 except for #1 or #2 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad