F William Moore - USNTDP, USHL (2025 Draft)

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Reminds me of early days Jack Hughes thread on here. A Marlboro who may be eligible for US. At first some thought he was Canadian, then maybe a dual, then not even Canadian at all. Haven’t seen any indications about Moores potential situation. He did attend the last USA 15s camp.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Reminds me of early days Jack Hughes thread on here. A Marlboro who may be eligible for US. At first some thought he was Canadian, then maybe a dual, then not even Canadian at all. Haven’t seen any indications about Moores potential situation. He did attend the last USA 15s camp.

He 100% has US citizenship otherwise he couldn't play in the US player development camps. How he has citizenship I have no idea.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Always hilarious when kids who have clearly been growing up in Canada choose the NTDP and they drop the seemingly most random hometowns. Like Thomas Bordeleau hometown of Houston TX lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Always hilarious when kids who have clearly been growing up in Canada choose the NTDP and they drop the seemingly most random hometowns. Like Thomas Bordeleau hometown of Houston TX lol.
He was born in Houston, Texas so they use birthplace when they grow up elsewhere

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Wonder if this will impact where he gets selected in the OHL priority selection? Has he been drafted or tendered by anyone in the USHL yet?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Wonder if this will impact where he gets selected in the OHL priority selection? Has he been drafted or tendered by anyone in the USHL yet?

He'll play on the USDTP if he comes to the US since hes a citizen no need to play elsewhere in the USHL. If hes using the US as a smokescreen to avoid some bad teams at the top of the OHL draft like Erie, Niagria he could go anywhere past those clubs

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Update - he did not attend and instead choose to stay for the Toronto Marlboro’s GTHL championship run.

I believe the program may still offer him a spot on his pedigree alone but one begins to wonder how committed he is to the NTDP

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
I believe the program may still offer him a spot on his pedigree alone but one begins to wonder how committed he is to the NTDP
If he wasnt considering it he would not waste a camp invite you would think, he still wants to be considered for it but winning your league is probably more important to the Toronto native.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
If he wasnt considering it he would not waste a camp invite you would think, he still wants to be considered for it but winning your league is probably more important to the Toronto native.

Normally I would agree, but the OHL Cup is the big trophy for 15U kids in Ontario, and Moore's team has already qualified for that. I can't speak to his personal motivations, but winning the league is generally not as important.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

His commitment to the NTDP is probably hinging on where he thinks he might go in the OHL draft. If he can work his way to a team of his choosing you never know.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
His commitment to the NTDP is probably hinging on where he thinks he might go in the OHL draft. If he can work his way to a team of his choosing you never know.

And this is the most likely answer. He did apply for exceptional status last year so we know that the OHL is at the very least a consideration. He probably has a team in mind that he would prefer to play for and is using the NTDP/NCAA route as leverage. If he were truly committed to the NTDP then chasing a youth league title probably would not have mattered all that much especially as Kyle44 said, the real prize for them is the OHL cup and he would have been able to play in that tournament after he attended the NTDP camp.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Could be right here. Moore with the NTDP and Roobroeck trying to land in Oshawa with his brother.
Could even happen that Moore gets taken and then traded before the season. Plays with the U17 for a year and comes back for his DY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad