Prospect Info: F Tristan Broz (2nd round, #58 overall, 2021)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Broz is a player with an attacking mentality. He’s like a shark sniffing out blood in the water when he’s off-the-puck in the offensive zone, circling the perimeter, waiting for soft ice to emerge, or charging headlong to the net-front as low-to-high passing plays develop. He reads developing plays, creates options for his linemates, and adapts well during cycle plays.

Gives me some Guentzel vibes with respect to when Guentzel was drafted. Very high potential reward IMO.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like he ticks some boxes we need. Position of need, considered a skilled guy with upside. Ranked as high as a late 1st by some outlets but mostly he went where he was expected to.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Reports say he's a good skater, good playmaker. Decent enough size. I like it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Seems like a guy with some good creativity and vision. From what I'm seeing/reading more a playmaker than a trigger guy but that isn't to say he can't put the puck in the net.

Name is Tristan, though. So like Big said that's a minus. But his last name IS pronounced "Bros" and not "Brawz" so that helps make up for it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very good pick for you guys.

One of the most underrated players in the draft, in my opinion. He played for a team that doesn't get much hype, and he's a late '02 without much prior hype, so even less hype.

I was very impressed by this player. He's an all-around winger. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Guentzel. I don't think thats a bad comparison in that Broz is above-average in most areas of the game. There's not much about his game to pick apart. I don't know if he's going to break a shift open. He may never score 85 points, but I think there's a good chance he ends up as a middle six winger, and I could see him being better if he hits his upside.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Committed to Univ. of Minnesota next year.
They’re losing 3 of their top 6 scorers to graduation/pros so should be some good opportunity for him. Not sure what other incoming freshmen there are though. Good program, tough division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad