F Trevor Connelly - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trying to think the last time an American USHL skater went before the first NTDP selection. Seems possible with Connelly surging and Eiserman potentially sliding.
Is he actually surging? Maybe on the ice, but with the off ice questions I think Eiserman is the favorite to go higher. Connelly could slip a lot. Eiserman won’t slip past 15.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Is he actually surging? Maybe on the ice, but with the off ice questions I think Eiserman is the favorite to go higher. Connelly could slip a lot. Eiserman won’t slip past 15.
Yea, obviously will be hugely dependent on each team's barometer for the off-ice stuff. But most rankings have him and Eiserman both within that top 15 range. Central Scouting gave him a big bump over Eiserman. Only takes one team to take a stab.

It's still probably unlikely it happens, but possible

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he’s the second best winger but he could realistically fall to the late first round.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
At this point it's not so much whether or not he has character concerns, as whether a GM wants to take the PR hit if you draft him. I wouldn't, but if you think he is a REALLY good player with 1st line upside then you wince, and make the call.

If he is taken in the late teens or 20's the spotlight won't be shining on him so brightly. Top 10 it will be blinding.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I feel a little bad for his team. Not blaming him, but that’s tough to lose your best player before the playoffs for him to play for another team in some international tournament.

Some international tournament. It is World Championships and not just any team but Team USA.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Trying to think the last time an American USHL skater went before the first NTDP selection. Seems possible with Connelly surging and Eiserman potentially sliding.
I don’t know about USHL kids but I remember Leddy and Kreider going ahead of NTDP kids. Mittelstadt was another but those 3 are all HS kids, not really USHL kids

Reactions: JiggsNY

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There’s a small chance he could go ahead of Eiserman, but Eiserman and Buium? I don’t see it happening. Would’ve been a possibility without the off ice stuff, but that’s not the situation.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I’m still mind blown he’s going to play for Leaman at Providence. It’s the ultimate square peg in a round hole

I wonder how much of him sticking with that commitment is out of gratitude and loyalty. Leaman and Providence were the first school to recruit Connelly when he was still a bit of a persona non grata in a lot of hockey circles.

I know he also has family in the general area (father is from Boston) but I don't know how much that is in play here given how many strong college hockey programs are in that area that would be better fits for his game.

If Leaman mostly lets him be himself on the ice while rounding out his game, it could be great for his development into a 200-foot player. But I highly doubt Leaman doesn't stifle his creativity.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I also suspect it has to do with the off-ice stuff. Likely some of the best programs didn’t recruit him for that reason and it narrowed his options.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I predict Vegas takes him, he is a PPG winger and people hate the Knights even more but the goal is to win a Cup not a popularity contest.

Everything I’ve read he was/is an immature asshole and is working on it as opposed to the other immature assholes that haven’t been caught or recognize there’s an issue. And at the end of the day so what? Looking to win hockey games not marry my daughter off to the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad