F Ryan Leonard - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 8th, WSH)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hes 100% ready. Awesome to see him run it back in the WJC though. He’s going to dominate.
we’ll clearly he didn’t think he was “100% Ready”. Just because he can hit doesnt make him NHL ready. He still has to work on a few things to become a complete player.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There is not much benefit to signing now versus end of college season next year.

If he's staying, I'd imagine the whole freshman line is. Adding Hagens, they might be even better next year, which is crazy.
I don’t think Perrault was ever much of a threat to go this year, and Smith’s situation is different enough that he should make his own decision.

Better/worse - what’s the status of Gauthier’s linemates and who would they be replaced with if they are gone? What’s the status of the defensemen?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Awesome news for BC.

Leonard can absolutely be ready from a physical and talent standpoint and be “better” or “more ready” than lots of guys who are going to be signed and play in the NHL/AHL, and still benefit from another year on a ridiculous NCAA squad because he feels like he can still grow and also chase goals in that situation.

Saying “coming back proves he isn’t ready” isn’t really a valid argument. It proves he can still grow from another year on this BC squad and definitely shows he has unfinished business from an accomplishment standpoint.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Just because someone is ready to play in the NHL doesn't mean they'll choose to do so. Leonard is ready but he won't be hurt by another college season and it'll make his jump after next season even smoother.

Reactions: SDBondra

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leonard is 100% NHL ready, he could be playing in the NHL playoffs next week.

And he's already a fully well-rounded do-it-all player.

What spending another year for BC will let him do though is take his offensive game to the next level. He should be even more dominant, which is great for his development.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Leonard going back suggests that both Smith and Perreault will as well. It's not guaranteed, but Perreault was expected to go back anyway, and it seems likely that Smith would stick around for another year with them.

I know everyone wants to see these players apart, but I'm looking forward to seeing them together again next season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Leonard is 100% NHL ready, he could be playing in the NHL playoffs next week.

And he's already a fully well-rounded do-it-all player.

What spending another year for BC will let him do though is take his offensive game to the next level. He should be even more dominant, which is great for his development.
What I'd like to see from him is see if he can slow down the game. He's like an all gas all the time kinda guy and he's always fighting through contact. I want to see him to add more of a soft space finesse to his game. His game works as is but IDK how much of a beating he'll be able to keep taking at the next level.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad