F Porter Martone - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2025 Draft)

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
I wasn’t overly I impressed with either of them in comparison to misa to be honest, too bad Saginaw went deep I would have liked to have seen him at this tournament
I think you’re putting too much value on one showing. Hagens is an elite prospect with 1st OA potential. I like Martone, just took him in my hockey pool based on this performance (and his season) it’s no slight to how good he is or his upside…but Hagens is simply another level of prospect right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m always impressed with him when I see him play. He’s like a modern day power forward with how he plays. You’d like the skating to pick up half a step and he’s more of a very good offensive player than great, but I could definitely see him being a top 10 pick and potentially even top 5. It’ll be difficult though as it seems like there are about double the amount of good players so far for the 2025 draft.

Reactions: Dominance
Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Kid is a hell of a player. If you haven't gotten a chance to watch him yet, I highly suggest doing so. Plays all facets of the game, with size, skill and smarts.

Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Skating didn't look great in the clips I saw (could be biased due to limited viewing sample size), but he continues to get the job done.
It’s not, but not that bad. Comparable to the Tkachuk brothers. Probably closer to Brady than Matt in skating. I think he’s closer to Brady in overall style of play and closer to Matt in ability.

Has a good chance to be a top 2-3 pick.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It’s not, but not that bad. Comparable to the Tkachuk brothers. Probably closer to Brady than Matt in skating. I think he’s closer to Brady in overall style of play and closer to Matt in ability.

Has a good chance to be a top 2-3 pick.

He does.. he has a lot of skill for a big man and those feet get him where he needs to go when he needs to get there.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He wouldn’t go second overall after the disappointing statistical season he just had. Stop overreacting because this is the first time you have seen the player actually play.

Reactions: JotAlan and TLEH

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He needs to be better next season without a doubt, but I think he's the biggest competition for Hagens at 1OA. If everything goes well, he can be somewhere on the Tkachuk tree. That's a player I think would go top 3-4 most years.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He needs to be better next season without a doubt, but I think he's the biggest competition for Hagens at 1OA. If everything goes well, he can be somewhere on the Tkachuk tree. That's a player I think would go top 3-4 most years.
I agree, if he continues his progression, I see little reason why he isn’t a top-10 guy next year, but to say he’d go #2 this year after only 71 points is crazy to me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree, if he continues his progression, I see little reason why he isn’t a top-10 guy next year, but to say he’d go #2 this year after only 71 points is crazy to me.
The question is who would go 2 instead? Misa only had 75 and he doesn't play the same type of power forward game as Martone can play. McQueen has intriguing upside, but only had 51 (in 53 games).

Frondell is a candidate. Ryabkin would be another. Aside from these 6 (Hagens, Martone, Misa, McQueen, Frondell, Ryabkin), it's tough to find top 5 candidates. Someone will surprise next year. At least one always does, but I think Martone has the best case right now to compete with Hagens. Needs to score like 100+ points next year, makes the WJC team and do well there, but I think he's a good candidate for all of that.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The question is who would go 2 instead? Misa only had 75 and he doesn't play the same type of power forward game as Martone can play. McQueen has intriguing upside, but only had 51 (in 53 games).

Frondell is a candidate. Ryabkin would be another. Aside from these 6 (Hagens, Martone, Misa, McQueen, Frondell, Ryabkin), it's tough to find top 5 candidates. Someone will surprise next year. At least one always does, but I think Martone has the best case right now to compete with Hagens. Needs to score like 100+ points next year, makes the WJC team and do well there, but I think he's a good candidate for all of that.
I have Frondell, and Ryabkin ahead for sure right now. Wozniak has a lot to like also, I certainly like him more than Misa and McQueen, personally.

I can see a path Martone goes #2 next year, although I doubt it. It’s this year I have the issue with. He’s not going before Demidov, Catton, Lindstrom, Buium or Lindstrom in my opinion. They all just had too insane of seasons in comparison to Martone’s 71 points.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Ah yes, Port Martone himself
1714613091010.jpeg

Reactions: Jacob

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Yup, and while I doubt Demidov goes 2nd, I do think he’s the most talented behind Celebrini.

Overkill. If this year's draft were next year I would see a case for the top 5. That said, I have a hard time ranking Celebrini over Hagens.
I would say:
1a Celebrini, 1b Hagens 3 Demidov (although I believe he might not be in the top 3, due to other external factors) and from there I have a range of 5-10 players that he could be included in.

Last edited:

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
Overkill. If this year's draft were next year I would see a case for the top 5. That said, I have a hard time ranking Celebrini over Hagens.
I would say:
1a Celebrini, 1b Hagens 3 Demidov (although I believe he might not be in the top 3, due to other external factors) and from there I have a range of 5-10 players that he could be included in.
Hagens is a tier above Celebrini

Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad