F Petr Sikora - Oceláři Třinec, Czechia (Draft 2024)

czech

Feb 23, 2009

Had a great game today. Created several chances and finally scored the first goal in the Extraliga. And his TOI today was higher than usual: 12:28.
He currently has 2 points in 18 games. If he scores at least 2-3 more points in the remaining games, he can be considered a stable candidate for the middle rounds. Interestingly, another candidate for the middle rounds plays in the same team and with approximately the same statistics: Holinka.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Had a great game today. Created several chances and finally scored the first goal in the Extraliga. And his TOI today was higher than usual: 12:28.
He currently has 2 points in 18 games. If he scores at least 2-3 more points in the remaining games, he can be considered a stable candidate for the middle rounds. Interestingly, another candidate for the middle rounds plays in the same team and with approximately the same statistics: Holinka.

I think, with our strong Junior results lately, that guys like this may start getting taken with later picks. I feel like a lot of good players were not taken in later rounds and maybe now the scouts will realize that things have improved for the Czechs. Or, half our teams are the best collection of undrafted players in the world.lol

Reactions: czech

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Why don't the Czech prospects wear the helmet cage properly? I noticed that in all age groups recently from U18 to U16.

Is that some kind of trend?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I think, with our strong Junior results lately, that guys like this may start getting taken with later picks. I feel like a lot of good players were not taken in later rounds and maybe now the scouts will realize that things have improved for the Czechs. Or, half our teams are the best collection of undrafted players in the world.lol
That´s actually a great thing! At least we´re going to have great euros available for World Championship and Czech Extraliga is in dire need of generational renewal. For example i would rather have guys like Tichacek and Blumel in extraliga available for national team everytime, than in AHL playoff team.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That´s actually a great thing! At least we´re going to have great euros available for World Championship and Czech Extraliga is in dire need of generational renewal. For example i would rather have guys like Tichacek and Blumel in extraliga available for national team everytime, than in AHL playoff team.
That is very true and maybe build some success on our league like the Finn's have.

However, I'd rather both of them make the NHL and making the NHL as an undrafted player is even harder. It definitely happens and is possible but it's a harder start.

I think 3 North American players just joined Extraliga too.. Kassian, some guy with a B in his last name and a third one. Seems like we are becoming a bit of a destination now too.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
That is very true and maybe build some success on our league like the Finn's have.

However, I'd rather both of them make the NHL and making the NHL as an undrafted player is even harder. It definitely happens and is possible but it's a harder start.

I think 3 North American players just joined Extraliga too.. Kassian, some guy with a B in his last name and a third one. Seems like we are becoming a bit of a destination now too.
Blumel especially has no chance of cracking Stars roster and he also has no chance of playing for national team, what a bummer.

Reactions: Czechboy

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I was really suprised by him, I thought he was the best Czech player today. Brings a lot of energy on both sides of puck and also is skilled with the puck, I’m surprised he’s not being talked about more as a draft eligible. Looks like he could have all the makings of a reliable bottom 6 nhler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad