Prospect Info: (F) Paul Ludwinski - 2022 NHL Draft, 39th Overall

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He had an injury riddled season and didn’t put up good numbers at all. I would say he had a bad season.
Nah.

He didn't have the expected jump, but nobody produced for Kingston. They were really bad this season. I wouldn't put that on Ludwinski. He's still a guy that plays the right way and does what you want out of him, even when the team is losing constantly.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Nah.

He didn't have the expected jump, but nobody produced for Kingston. They were really bad this season. I wouldn't put that on Ludwinski. He's still a guy that plays the right way and does what you want out of him, even when the team is losing constantly.
I don't think he's a bust, but I do think you expect a 2nd round pick to have a better season in the OHL when they are a high 2nd.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Nah.

Bad team or not, he had a bad year. It is what it is. He wasn't a strong producer in the OHL during his draft year and he didn't take a step this year. He wasn't drafted as an offensive player but as a very high second round pick, he certainly stands out as an underwhelming pick at this point in time relative to the rest of the Hawks draft class.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Ludwinski has a lot of qualities to like......yes, would have like more points out of him, but started out with a concussion and played on a Xucky team.....look forward to his AHL development.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Okay. Tell us more about Davidson's illustrious 'playing' career now won't you???
Per his interview,
I wanted to start out by getting into your background because not a lot of people know about you — and I don't know your background either — so how did you get involved in the game, fall in love with hockey?

Sure, so I played growing up. I wasn't good enough to play at a high level, but I grew up playing and I just loved the game and knew that once I got through school and post-secondary that I wanted to be involved with the team on the operations side of things, specifically hockey operations.

I don't remember claiming he played at a high level.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I think this was mentioned by Powers but I don't see him getting into any games to end the year or playoffs. I assume he's just there for the experience.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
B7CF94A8-D7C3-4FBC-BD5F-74D275B4018C.jpeg

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
5 point night for Ludwinski. I guess I picked a good night to randomly watch a Kingston Frontenac game.

Announcer later said he "almost made the team [Blackhawks] out of camp". I don't know about thaaaaaaat.

Has added a couple of powerplay assists and another goal in the second period. 2G, 2A through two periods.

Second goal here

Added a secondary powerplay assist in the third period. Kingston defeats Oshawa 6-4 in a potential playoff preview.

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Clearly a Davidson type player, strong skater, high motor with some skills. It's going to be fun seeing Nazar, Ludwinski, Greene and Savoie all in the lineup someday.....the Hawks future pace will be a welcome sight.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Clearly a Davidson type player, strong skater, high motor with some skills. It's going to be fun seeing Nazar, Ludwinski, Greene and Savoie all in the lineup someday.....the Hawks future pace will be a welcome sight.
Missing the fastest guy Moore. Greene is not really a high motor speedy guy

Reactions: giza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad