F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
This guy feels severely underrated as a prospect atm. If he had another three games like the leading scorers, he'd probably be top 5 despite his slow start. Easy to forget he's 16.

And his rookie season beats all other exceptional players, in terms of ppg vs the rest of the OHL. Not saying that makes him as good as McDavid, but he did perform better relatively to his peers.

To equal McDavid at 16 he should finnish top three in ppg this season. Seems doable!

Misa is the type of player that does everything well but has no exceptional qualities. He is worthy of a top 3 pick in next year's draft but don't expect a McDavid type of player.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Misa is the type of player that does everything well but has no exceptional qualities. He is worthy of a top 3 pick in next year's draft but don't expect a McDavid type of player.
Yeah I would agree with this, I felt a lack of “pop” in his game when I saw him at Hlinka. Good skater but not exceptional, good hands and vision but not incredible, good finisher but not Bédard. I think his ceiling is that of a first line elite player and not a franchise player

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeah I would agree with this, I felt a lack of “pop” in his game when I saw him at Hlinka. Good skater but not exceptional, good hands and vision but not incredible, good finisher but not Bédard. I think his ceiling is that of a first line elite player and not a franchise player

but those types can grow to leading your team to success
like stanley cup.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I sometimes wonder if this new (?) "skills that pop" mindset has somewhat beclouded people's judgment. The main goal is to produce points and Misa seems to be exceptional at doing so for his age. Perhaps his evenness in skills creates room for underestimation?

Too early to speculate in any extreme upside, but I'd guess a Tavares level is reasonable to assume atm.

I'd like to see more from Hagens as well. Seems like two great candiates for No 1.

Reactions: Dominance

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
Slow start for his hype, but he's heating up, and this is his second season in the O. Seems like perception is he's fallen back a little bit compared to before this season, but still very early who knows how his game will/won't develop next season.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I don't understand why Saginaw isn't trying to use him as a center, which is his natural position. Now they have him in the second line as a winger, even though he has been the team's top scorer until recently.

Reactions: Nevins

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I don't understand why Saginaw isn't trying to use him as a center, which is his natural position. Now they have him in the second line as a winger, even though he has been the team's top scorer until recently.
Not really 2nd line. More like 1A and 1B. He didn’t play center all of last year either. It’s shouldn’t hurt things. He’ll play center next season in his draft year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's finally at center now. Since then he has four 2-point games (including his three last games). One 1 point, and one with nothing. So seems to have done wonders.
He’s played six games at C? Didn’t they just trade for Beck? Will he now slide back to winger?

I watched maybe 6-8 Saginaw games earlier this season. But not lately.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
He’s played six games at C? Didn’t they just trade for Beck? Will he now slide back to winger?

I watched maybe 6-8 Saginaw games earlier this season. But not lately.
I watched the game last night, and he was still at c, and then backtracking in the scoresheets, it ends up being 6-7 games at c. Hopefully he's there to stay. No idea what their intentions are, and I don't keep up with trades.

Maybe someone more qualified can answer?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I watched the game last night, and he was still at c, and then backtracking in the scoresheets, it ends up being 6-7 games at c. Hopefully he's there to stay. No idea what their intentions are, and I don't keep up with trades.

Maybe someone more qualified can answer?
He'll almost certainly slide back to wing. likely with Beck as his center

Reactions: Beukeboom

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
He's on a worse points pace than last season. 55 in 45 games this season. 56 in 45 games last season.

Following the Shane Wright path? Except do you still see him as a top five pick? Perhaps he's on the Veleno/Lambert trajectory and goes in the back half of the first round??

Interesting to see how he performs through the playoffs and into next year.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There is no better 07 born and ‘25 eligible CHL forward today, but someone could rise to challenge when they get more opportunity. Martone, Spence and McQueen all being late 06s. But given ES, Misa could be said to be more similar to those guys than other 07s as second year players.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
He's on a worse points pace than last season. 55 in 45 games this season. 56 in 45 games last season.
One thing I noticed when they were interviewing Misa last night is that he has grown a ton from last year. Draft day he was listed as 5 foot 9, 157lbs. EP has him at 6 foot 1 and 174 now. And he looks it. I think he's still getting use to this growth spurt. 4 inches and nearly 20 lbs is a bit of a change. But man when he acclimates, he's going to be hard to knock off the puck.

Last edited:

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
One thing I noticed when they were interviewing Misa last night is that he has grown a ton from last year. Draft day he was listed as 5 foot 9, 157lbs. EP has him at 6 foot 1 and 174 now. And he looks it. I think he's still getting use to this growth spurt. 4 inches and nearly 20 lbs is a bit of a change. But man when he acclimates, he's going to be hard to knock off the puck.
that’s good point. Saw him play live couple weeks back and i was surprised at his increased height!

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Certainly some shine has worn off him due to his production stagnating from his D-2 to his D-1. His skating remains elite, and he's transitioning to C, which could help solidify his stock, assuming he doesn't take steps backwards. Personally, I'm still a believer. As of now I expect him to go 2nd overall, and I don't think it's outlandish to think he could pass Hagens, although he's undoubtedly behind him at the moment.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Certainly some shine has worn off him due to his production stagnating from his D-2 to his D-1. His skating remains elite, and he's transitioning to C, which could help solidify his stock, assuming he doesn't take steps backwards. Personally, I'm still a believer. As of now I expect him to go 2nd overall, and I don't think it's outlandish to think he could pass Hagens, although he's undoubtedly behind him at the moment.
I'd probably take Porter Martone ahead of Misa if you put a gun to my head to make a pick today.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad