F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024 Draft)

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
Ottawa? Anaheim could end up having one of the scariest forwards group in the NHL with Celebrini, Cutter , Zegras , Terry, Leo Carlsson and McTavish .
How on earth would they afford all of these guys once they're off their ELCs? (Terry and Zegras already are). They'll need to pay their defensemen and goalies too. Just not possible.

Really hope Celebrini goes to the Sharks, he can be "The Guy" there. He's more than capable of it. He'll probably be a Hawk but whatever, we can be delusional for a few more weeks.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
How good this guy supposed tobe? Franchise player or good 1c? Love to see him on sj.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
very good but he will need to mature physically, add mass and strength. If I were a GM I would strongly consider having him spend another year at BU.
Celebrini and his dad (Director of Sports Medicine & Performance for the Golden State Warriors) both implied in an Athletic article recently that they think he should spend another year at BU as well. I would actually be surprised if he doesn't go back. He's not tiny but I think to play his game effectively at the NHL level, adding mass and strength can only help him. He's had shoulder surgery once already too.

As for player comps you'll most often see scouts compare him to Crosby (-lite) and Toews. I've seen Tavares and Jack Hughes comps a few times too.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
As for player comps you'll most often see scouts compare him to Crosby (-lite) and Toews. I've seen Tavares and Jack Hughes comps a few times too.
If we're going for heady comps, I think Tavares or MacKinnon Lite work best for me. He plays a pretty heavy, explosive game. Not smooth like Crosby and not as flashy as Hughes. Toews is a solid comp too but Macklin strikes me as a bit more explosive/ dense but shorter than Toews, less range but more pop.

Any of these outcomes would be exceptional for the kid though.

Reactions: ameselare

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
If we're going for heady comps, I think Tavares or MacKinnon Lite work best for me. He plays a pretty heavy, explosive game. Not smooth like Crosby and not as flashy as Hughes. Toews is a solid comp too but Macklin strikes me as a bit more explosive/ dense but shorter than Toews, less range but more pop.

Any of these outcomes would be exceptional for the kid though.

For me it's impossible to look at him on the ice and not see MacKinnon lite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad