Confirmed with Link: F Lane Pederson signs with Oilers (2 Years, 775k AAV)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah he should... maybe not be fighting haha.

Pederson's really interesting to me. He's been on that "too good for the AHL, not good enough for the NHL" cusp for a couple seasons now. Hopefully he can take that step. It might be him vs Lavoie for a roster spot.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Huh ?

This guy is an outcast who couldn't even make the Canucks roster is now making nearly 800k with the Oil ?

Surely we could have spent the money elsewhere ?

It if it's 2 way then all good.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Another totally needless 2 year deal. But that is Kenny boy.

And just bury him in the minors simply does not wash, we have a host of players people keep saying, oh just bury him. The oilers have been pinching pennies for years now so every contract counts

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Huh ?

This guy is an outcast who couldn't even make the Canucks roster is now making nearly 800k with the Oil ?

Surely we could have spent the money elsewhere ?

It if it's 2 way then all good.
I think Kenny made it a 2-way contract while he was on Be a GM mode

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Pinching pennies or navigating the cap? They can send down his entire contract
How is that navigating the cap? The AHL is not and should not be a dumping ground.

Total bottom of the roster players should not be getting two years deals. Half the guys Holland has signed for multi years we are trying to escape form them 6 months later.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
How is that navigating the cap? The AHL is not and should not be a dumping ground.

Total bottom of the roster players should not be getting two years deals. Half the guys Holland has signed for multi years we are trying to escape form them 6 months later.
Do you not want the AHL team to be competitive? These types of deals are commonplace in the league and there is absolutely no financial impact to the Oilers.

Don’t know why you’re so bent outta shape about it

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I am assuming that hes going to be in the AHL to start the year (unless we have injuries in training camp). I think the AHL team needs some C with some more offense. He had 17G in 18G last year in the AHL which is pretty good. I'd personally prefer guys like Petrov, Borgault, Savoie, Tullio etc play with someone like Pederson than Malone/McKegg. Why did this team even sign McKegg? Never understood the signing then and I dont understand it now lol.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad