F Konsta Helenius - Jukurit, FIN Liiga (2024 Draft)

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Helenius will play center. Michal Kovarcik got injured in last game and Miikka Pitkänen has been injured for a long time, so Jukurit has a center problem. Also NHL man Quinton Howden doesn't impress.

Helenius plays with Jormakka (back from injury) and Huuhtanen, so very good linemates.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just curious since his brother plays with Tappara. How did he end up skating for Jukurit.

I know there have been 17 and 18 year olds but don't remember many 16-year-olds (Puljujarvi?) playing in Liiga.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Just curious since his brother plays with Tappara. How did he end up skating for Jukurit.

I know there have been 17 and 18 year olds but don't remember many 16-year-olds (Puljujarvi?) playing in Liiga.

Tappara loaned Konsta to Jukurit.

I don't know how many 16 year olds have played in Liiga but there seems to be more than one would expect. Just this season Aron Kiviharju and Topias Hynninen debuted as 16 year olds before Helenius. Then players like Kemell, Ristolainen, Aleksi Saarela, Puljujärvi, Laine played in Liiga when they where 16 year olds. I don't know where to find the full list.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Tappara loaned Konsta to Jukurit.

I don't know how many 16 year olds have played in Liiga but there seems to be more than one would expect. Just this season Aron Kiviharju and Topias Hynninen debuted as 16 year olds before Helenius. Then players like Kemell, Ristolainen, Aleksi Saarela, Puljujärvi, Laine played in Liiga as when they where 16 year olds. I don't know where to find the full list.

When I thought about it didn't Kasperi Kapanen play alongside his father for KalPa when he was 16?

Reactions: JabbaJabba

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
His overall game looks very solid for Liiga already. Doesn't have a standout skill, but he has good awareness both offensively and defensively and is a puck hound. Got robbed by the goaltender of a great assist today. Just based on playstyle he kind of reminds me of Kakko in his D-1 season, but without the massive frame? Bonus points for not looking out of place at center.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
His overall game looks very solid for Liiga already. Doesn't have a standout skill, but he has good awareness both offensively and defensively and is a puck hound. Got robbed by the goaltender of a great assist today. Just based on playstyle he kind of reminds me of Kakko in his D-1 season, but without the massive frame? Bonus points for not looking out of place at center.
I'd say his skating is a standout skill.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I'd say his skating is a standout skill.
imo not really in the way Lambert or Heiskanen for example stood out with their skating. Compared to his peers I'd say he's a tier below that. Could also just be that he doesn't rely on it as much as someone like Lambert.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
2 primary assists against KalPa today. I didn't watch the game because of World Juniors.
Now has 4 points in 11 games as 16 year old in Liiga. Pretty good.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Having a good game against Ilves, great stick lift to steal the puck at the opponent’s blue line and some nice rushes by Helenius.

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Just to be early I’ll say he looks like a contender for a top-10 selection. He’s progressed tremendously in just one year, he keeps playing like this and the points will come.
Craig Button had him 5th overall in his early rankings. I do wonder why Helenius doesn't seem to have more hype now? He looks really good. Great skater, skilled, hard working, plays center. A lot to like. Makes me think of Sebastian Aho a bit.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Craig Button had him 5th overall in his early rankings. I do wonder why Helenius doesn't seem to have more hype now? He looks really good. Great skater, skilled, hard working, plays center. A lot to like. Makes me think of Sebastian Aho a bit.
Less coverage due to Covid and Kiviharju taking up all the spotlight maybe? They should put up a show at the U18s.

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Less coverage due to Covid and Kiviharju taking up all the spotlight maybe? They should put up a show at the U18s.
That's probably why. Without Kiviharju, Helenius would get all the Finnish hype of being the top Finnish player for 2024 draft.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
After Kirk and Huuhtanen, Helenius has the 3rd best Corsi on Jukurit with 55.5%. Jukurit team Corsi is 49.60%. Seems pretty good for a 16-year-old.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad