Prospect Info: F Kirill Tankov (7th round, #218 overall, 2021)

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
how big is the ice? nhl size or bigger?

I think they're supposed to be NHL size this season. But Rostov's rink looked small. Here's the best image I could find:

7d34a4c3b8c627ab6fe035174400afd3.jpg

Why's the center circle almost at the blue line?

Found the video:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Old Master

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Only was jumping around in the game, but Tank had an NZ turnover early in the 3rd that eventually lead to him taking a penalty which the other team scored on to tie it 1-1. He took a couple shifts after that then took a high-stick penalty with like 9 to go, and was benched for the rest of the game when they were down 2-1 and for the OT where they lost 3-2.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Saw that he had an assist yesterday and went to the game video. Some nifty passing by Tank and his line to get the first goal of the game:

Starts at 28:15.

That's the only part of the game I watched. Tankov did take another penalty.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Tankov the 2nd line center today. I missed the first period:

Hopefully I can watch the rest of the game.

Damn that 2nd period went by fast. Tankov wasn't too noticeable except for a play towards the end. He intercepted a pass as the opposing team was trying to exit their zone. He then had some nifty stickhandling, made a pass to his RW, who immediately sent it back across the ice and near the net to the LWer who should've scored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Smith and Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tankov is quickly becoming another pre-NHL legend in these parts….can anyone say Janne Pesonen?

Reactions: Al Smith

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We all realize of course that everyone is kinda joking around, right?

I mean... I'm not. But everyone else is.

I am unreasonably excited for this kid. I know the odds, but he's a bunch of fun to follow and sometimes you look at what he does and think "wow, what could he be at the NHL level if he put it together".

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I am unreasonably excited for this kid. I know the odds, but he's a bunch of fun to follow and sometimes you look at what he does and think "wow, what could he be at the NHL level if he put it together".

The NHL seems to kinda hate kids like this unless they have huge draft stock attached to them and then they feel obligated to develop what "got them there." Jokes aside he seems like a ton of fun and I'm rooting for him but we'll see. The half-cynical takes of "wait til he tries to make an NHL roster and some coaches get a hold of him" aren't entirely inaccurate.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The NHL seems to kinda hate kids like this unless they have huge draft stock attached to them and then they feel obligated to develop what "got them there." Jokes aside he seems like a ton of fun and I'm rooting for him but we'll see. The half-cynical takes of "wait til he tries to make an NHL roster and some coaches get a hold of him" aren't entirely inaccurate.

You're not wrong. There's a very small group of players allowed to take the risks he does in the NHL. But burn that bridge when he gets there.

WHEN.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad