F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If you want to get a good feel for his game, I have 16 vids of his, 15 are more or less close to shift to shift. I try to take out anything where you can't see him and if he's just standing around saying waiting for a pass that say never comes, I often cut that out too.

Appreciate this sort of work. Its a lot of editing.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Blackhawks beat writer for The Atheltic asked 9 different "draft experts" who the Hawks should take between Levshunov and Demidov. Demi was chosen 8 of the 9 times.

Really feeling good about staying at 2nd overall. Bedard and Demidov would be lethal together.

Reactions: wetcoast and ViD

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Blackhawks beat writer for The Atheltic asked 9 different "draft experts" who the Hawks should take between Levshunov and Demidov. Demi was chosen 8 of the 9 times.

Really feeling good about staying at 2nd overall. Bedard and Demidov would be lethal together.
Here is another one where it is 50/50...

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
No hes average speed.
He’s 75th percentile.
Agreed, two extremely smart, patient players. I could see them having a Kane/Panarin type of deal going on. Or push him down and spread out the offense, maybe something like:

Bedard - Reichel - Kurashev
Hall - Nazar - Demidov
Foligno - Dickinson - Athanasiou

I think Demidov is much better suited to the wing, while Nazar and Moore are both much better suited for center. I would play Reichel at C over him as well, despite last season's struggles.
The Reichel at center experiment was an unmitigated disaster.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Bedard is best playing in the middle of the ice, so you stick him at center (long term) and keep him there. You can always stick him with a defensively conscious winger who'll split center duties.

But let that other wing go to Demidov. Bedard and Demidov would make for a ton of high danger chances for the Hawks.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
To paraphrase Dean Wurmer...soft and small is no way to go to the playoffs...
Sure but that's American 4 down football back in a time when it was pound and ground.

Superstar skillsets don't get passed over no matter the size and Demidov should be a top 3 pick this draft any lower and that team is getting a bargain IMO.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I view it as a win-win for the Ducks. If Chicago takes Demidov then they get the guy that is a better fit. If they take Levshunov then the Ducks get the better player.
Demidov and Levshunov are not locks for 2 and 3.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Sure but that's American 4 down football back in a time when it was pound and ground.

Superstar skillsets don't get passed over no matter the size and Demidov should be a top 3 pick this draft any lower and that team is getting a bargain IMO.
We'll see. It's questionable roster construction IMO. Bedard, Nazar, Demidov in a future top six won't win many playoff games. I'm reminded of how size and grit dominates the playoffs every year at this time.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We'll see. It's questionable roster construction IMO. Bedard, Nazar, Demidov in a future top six won't win many playoff games. I'm reminded of how size and grit dominates the playoffs every year at this time.
Hawks need gamebreaking talent, which Demidov is. And Demidov might be close to 6ft at this point, and even if he's not, 5ft11 isn't all that small. Hell, Bedard is short, but stocky; he's got Marty St. Louis like treetrunks for legs, and he's only 18.

It's not like the Hawks would be choosing Demidov over a big, power forward type. Lindstrom is the only guy that projects to be that in the top 10, and his back injuries are a huge red flag. Hawks already have a ton of size and physicality on the back-end, so it's not like we NEED Levshunov's size back there.

Reactions: HawksDub89

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Hawks need gamebreaking talent, which Demidov is. And Demidov might be close to 6ft at this point, and even if he's not, 5ft11 isn't all that small. Hell, Bedard is short, but stocky; he's got Marty St. Louis like treetrunks for legs, and he's only 18.

It's not like the Hawks would be choosing Demidov over a big, power forward type. Lindstrom is the only guy that projects to be that in the top 10, and his back injuries are a huge red flag. Hawks already have a ton of size and physicality on the back-end, so it's not like we NEED Levshunov's size back there.
I don't think there is a wrong decision between Demidov/Levshunov/Silayev. I think it's more of a strategic management decision as to which position adds the most value and is the toughest to fill. Big top pairing D are 2nd only behind big 1C in terms of value and rarity. A 5'11"-6'0" winger who wants to be a center is further down the list. Chicago has a lot of size on the back-end but they aren't top pairing guys or anywhere close to it (I have strong doubts that Korchinski gets there...more of a Drysdale type to me...strong skater and passer but lacking in many other areas). Just my $0.02.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't think there is a wrong decision between Demidov/Levshunov/Silayev. I think it's more of a strategic management decision as to which position adds the most value and is the toughest to fill. Big top pairing D are 2nd only behind big 1C in terms of value and rarity. A 5'11"-6'0" winger who wants to be a center is further down the list. Chicago has a lot of size on the back-end but they aren't top pairing guys or anywhere close to it (I have strong doubts that Korchinski gets there...more of a Drysdale type to me...strong skater and passer but lacking in many other areas). Just my $0.02.
Korchinski might not be a legit top pairing guy, nobody knows. He's 19yo, no defenseman in the league was younger than him.

I'd argue Vlasic is a top pairing guy right now, solely because of his defensive game (which is top 10, arguably top 5 in the league). And who knows about some of the other guys we have (like Rinzel or EDM); defensemen are often crapshoots.

If Levshunov was on track to be a Dahlin or Heiskanen type talent, that'd be one thing. But there are huge question marks with him and at best he projects to be a lot like Seth Jones, who us Hawks fans aren't really in love with.

Demidov has a good chance to be in that Kucherov/Panarin/Kaprizov tier of Russian wingers. That's a shit-ton more valuable to the Hawks IMO; especially considering we don't have any forwards who can play close to the level of Bedard.

Seeing as Demidov has significant leads in all the threads HF Hawks have about who to pick at #2, I'd say my fellow Hawks fans feel similarly.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Korchinski might not be a legit top pairing guy, nobody knows. He's 19yo, no defenseman in the league was younger than him.

I'd argue Vlasic is a top pairing guy right now, solely because of his defensive game (which is top 10, arguably top 5 in the league). And who knows about some of the other guys we have (like Rinzel or EDM); defensemen are often crapshoots.

If Levshunov was on track to be a Dahlin or Heiskanen type talent, that'd be one thing. But there are huge question marks with him and at best he projects to be a lot like Seth Jones, who us Hawks fans aren't really in love with.

Demidov has a good chance to be in that Kucherov/Panarin/Kaprizov tier of Russian wingers. That's a shit-ton more valuable to the Hawks IMO; especially considering we don't have any forwards who can play close to the level of Bedard.

Seeing as Demidov has significant leads in all the threads HF Hawks have about who to pick at #2, I'd say my fellow Hawks fans feel similarly.
As I said, I don't think is a wrong choice and I'm more focusing on strategic direction. But since you mentioned it, I think it is fair to point out that Levshunov and Silayev were playing above their age group all year. Demidov (through no fault of his own) was playing in a barely competitive junior league. Scouts take that into account much more than fans do. What Levshunov did in college hockey is remarkable for his age even if he did have growth pains. Scouts also take that into account. Demidov is for sure the sexiest pick but I'm not sure it is the pick Chicago should or will make on draft day...fans or no fans.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad