Confirmed with Link: F Erik Haula Signed to Entry Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Russo's Article about it

As expected, the Wild has signed Gophers center Erik Haula, who led the U in scoring the past two seasons, to a two-year entry-level deal. He signed an amateur tryout and will immediately report to Houston, where he is eligible to play in the Calder Cup playoffs.

He is actually flying there as we speak. His contract is the max for a 2009 pick, I understand, with max A bonuses. Not bad for a 2009 seventh-rounder.

Two year deal, max bonuses, going straight to Houston.

Hockeydb.com
Hockey's Future 7.0C

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Good for him. Really impressive stats from NCAA this year and seems like a good two-way guy. Seems a bit streaky though. I wouldn't mind a younger Matt Cullen.

Also, former Gopher, which makes certain someone very happy.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Nice to see him finally going pro. i'm very curious to see him in the other level

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Awesome, hope he adds some immediate talent and depth to the Aeros for the rest of the season. I really hope he turns into Larsson 2.0 but I guess we'll all have to wait and see. Also, it is great to see 2 7th round picks signed to entry-level deals in the same year. No Eero Elo's anymore. :D

So, does this make Rau the Gophers' best player now?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Should be interesting to see how Haula develops, good for him. Man the Gophers are just getting gutted who is left? Rau?

Rau, Condon, Warning, the Reilly brothers, Boyd, etc. Plus they have one of the greatest freshman classes that I can remember coming in: Cammaretta, Fasching, Vanelli, et al. Most importantly, though, Wilcox will be back.

They should be favorites to win the new Big 10 Conference.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Good. Considering how late he was drafted, he's developed very well.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
He's got the speed and hands... and smarts.. to make it in the NHL no doubt. Better prospect than Phillips or Bulmer I'm sure.

Billy Mays Here*

The mass exodus continues. I see Alt left today as well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Intrigued to see how he turns out in the NHL. Am I the only who sees a more mature Granlund in Haula? He's certainly a point getter. Was strong enough in the WCHA, and with reasonable speed. Very heady. 11 months older than Granlund, and I'm guessing stronger ( which isn't saying much).

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Nice to hear! But I think you guys have seen his play more than I have. A couple of WJC games, that's all.

I hope all the best for him!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Rau, Condon, Warning, the Reilly brothers, Boyd, etc. Plus they have one of the greatest freshman classes that I can remember coming in: Cammaretta, Fasching, Vanelli, et al. Most importantly, though, Wilcox will be back.

They should be favorites to win the new Big 10 Conference.

They have to hope those freshmen do produce right away. As it stands now I think Wisconsin is the favorite in the B1G.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Am I the only who sees a more mature Granlund in Haula?.

Yes. :laugh: Did you see any games when Granlund and Haula played at the same WJC team? The skill difference was quite noticeable. Of course its been a couple of years and they both have come forward, but you just don't get MG's sense of the game in a few years. Haula might have easier time in NA for some time, but MG will make the transition.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Awesome signing, I think he will be great in Houston and for the future. He can play center/wing and has been good with the gophers.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad