F Dylan Guenther - (2021, 9th, ARI)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A lot of people were disappointed that Guenther didn't make the Coyotes out of camp, but after some very productive seasoning, Guenther has quietly returned to the big club and been very productive.

17 points (8 goals, 9 assists) in 24 games with increasing ice time and PP time. Last night he put up 1 goal, 2 assists, a +1 and over 18 minutes of ice time. He's shooting a lot and looking very dangerous.

He's going to end up with two part-time seasons by the end of this year that won't see him garnering the usual hype that a full Calder-type rookie season might garner but he's going to be on my very short list of young breakout stars next year.

People sleeping on this guy. He's going to be a scoring machine.

A lot of people were disappointed that Guenther didn't make the Coyotes out of camp, but after some very productive seasoning, Guenther has quietly returned to the big club and been very productive.

17 points (8 goals, 9 assists) in 24 games with increasing ice time and PP time. Last night he put up 1 goal, 2 assists, a +1 and over 18 minutes of ice time. He's shooting a lot and looking very dangerous.

He's going to end up with two part-time seasons by the end of this year that won't see him garnering the usual hype that a full Calder-type rookie season might garner but he's going to be on my very short list of young breakout stars next year.

People sleeping on this guy. He's going to be a scoring machine.
As a Canuck fan I'm still mad about that trade.

Reactions: Raistlin

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Stole this from the Yotes board but:

Avg 5.8 shot attempts his L10. Avg 7 shot attempts his L5. 6 points in his L5 games. Just great stuff here. Minutes have started to spike, had 18.1 tonight but avg 14.9 over his L5 too.

Essentially, he's driving a ton of offense. He's developing an extremely dynamic partnership with Cooley which is very exciting. Betting on a 30 goal, 60 point type full-season breakout from Guenther next year.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'm kinda pissed the Sens went a meaningless win streak at the end of the 2021 season, they could have drafted Guenther if they lost just one more game.

Reactions: SensontheRush

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
What a f***en player he is. He is creating every game and doing so on most shifts. Very happy with this 9th overall pick hitting for the Coyotes!

#1 Overall in the WHL draft, huge product out of Western Canada showing now why the Covid-affected 2021 draft was still deep and that he's more than passing expectations going #9 in the NHL.

Guenther buried a late breakaway SHG 10 seconds left 5-hole too as I was typing this :laugh:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He fell 4 or 5 spots simply because he didn't dominate the Frisco U18. And probably fell because the Dub didn't play much in 2020-21 while the NCAA and European Pro did. He looks pretty damn good this year from the viewings I've had on TV (especially recently)

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
What a f***en player he is. He is creating every game and doing so on most shifts. Very happy with this 9th overall pick hitting for the Coyotes!

#1 Overall in the WHL draft, huge product out of Western Canada showing now why the Covid-affected 2021 draft was still deep and that he's more than passing expectations going #9 in the NHL.

Guenther buried a late breakaway SHG 10 seconds left 5-hole too as I was typing this :laugh:
He had 8 shots las night.. unreal

bootzycollins

Feb 18, 2022
One of the things that excited me about his potential was not just how dominant he was when he was drafted, but how small he was at the same time - 170ish pounds at 6 foot 2? You know he has a lot more muscle to pack on that body. And considering the skillset he already has, adding those extra pounds could really take his game to the next level

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
4 point night in a 4-3 OT win. 31 points in 42 games now. What a duo him and Cooley are, long-awaited tandem in the desert

There is high possibility that they have 3 games remaining in Yotes jersey. Sigh...

If the expected relocation happens, SLC could get a very good team as soon as next season. We have like 40 mil cap space, young and talented team + huge amount of good prospects and high picks

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he’s such a special player. He’s one of my absolute favorite young players.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
One of the things that excited me about his potential was not just how dominant he was when he was drafted, but how small he was at the same time - 170ish pounds at 6 foot 2? You know he has a lot more muscle to pack on that body. And considering the skillset he already has, adding those extra pounds could really take his game to the next level

I clicked on the thread just to see that my intended post was already there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad