F Danila Yurov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2022, 24th, MIN)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, it looks like Toronto wanted Grebenkin, and Minnesota didn't want Yurov that much.
When I was little I wanted to be a supernatural Ronin Warrior (Japanese TV show, apparently you can still watch it on Roku), but wanting it did not make it so. In my case, it's because that show was fictional. In Guerin's case, it's because there are two parties and both need to consent.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
don't see why everyone is freaking out, it's a 1-year extension, not a 3-year extension. Not many 20 year olds make the team right away, he will be NHL ready by 2024-25 most likely and come over

Reactions: BagHead

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
don't see why everyone is freaking out, it's a 1-year extension, not a 3-year extension. Not many 20 year olds make the team right away, he will be NHL ready by 2024-25 most likely and come over

I don't think anyone's freaking out. Yurov had a great season, here's hoping next season is even better.

A small point: it's gotta be easier to convince a player to move to Toronto than Des Moines.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
You think Yurov plays in Iowa while Ohgren and Khusnutdinov play in the NHL? Can't say I'd see that happening.
It's certainly within the realm of possibility and may have factored into his decision to stay another year in Russia. Even a gifted offensive player like Yurov might need time to adjust to North American pro hockey. He has a higher ceiling, no doubt, than those players you mentioned but every player's development needs are different, and those who are extremely important to the future success of the franchise should be given the best possible opportunity to adjust and grow into the best version of themselves, so to speak.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Perhaps after witnessing Kaprizov develop, Guerin now understands development is a marathon, not a sprint.
The 'get them to North America ASAP' philosophy isn't always the best philosophy At the very least Yurov certainly realizes this.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
I think Kaprizov could have come a couple years earlier and not suffered a lot from that...
He certainly could have, you’re right. This will be only 3 years for Yurov post-draft, personally I think it’s a perfect amount given the important role he had this season and will have next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad