F Daniil Gushchin (2020, 76th, SJS)

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
37 points in 38 AHL games.

Could see some more big league games depending who the sharks sell at the deadline.
Assuming Barabanov & Duclair are moved as most expect, I'd be fairly surprised if Gushchin doesn't close out the year with the big boys. Let him get his AHL all-star time in, call him up in March, and if things work out, he never sees AHL ice again.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Left yesterday's game. Hopefully nothing too serious

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
With the Barracuda eliminated, is there any reason he isn't with the Sharks for the final week or so?
We ran out of AHL callups when we brought up Studnicka. I suspect he was called up because he's an expiring RFA and Gushchin has another year.

• Wow

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
I've read some rumours that he may return to Russia (CSKA) for the next season
Not sure if this is true or not, because he is under a contract with SJS for one more season after this

Last edited:

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Not sure if this is true or not, because he is under a contract with SJS for one more season after that
Gushchin is under contract through the end of next season. The hypothetical 24-25 season with CSKA would overlap with the final year on Gushchin's Sharks' contract.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not sure if this is true or not, because he is under a contract with SJS for one more season after that

Yeah, it won't happen. But if the Sharks don't play him next season, he won't resign another 2-way deal and get back to Russia. Looking at the Sharks it's hard to imagine they aren't gonna play him though.

• Wow

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Gushchin debunks KHL-rumors, he will be at Sharks training-camp next fall:

What happens if he doesn’t make it remains to be seen.

In other news, he registered 3 points against Henderson tonight, now up to 18 goals, 33 assists, 51 points in 54 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad