F Brady Tkachuk - Boston University, NCAA (2018 Draft)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I could not find a thread for this player. The Search feature does not appear to be up and running on this site yet. If I missed his thread, please feel free to delete this one.

I have read a bunch of very surface-level, very vague scouting reports on this kid, but nothing substantive. I've read that he's even "meaner" than his dad and brother. I've read that he could be "the best" of the Tkachuks. I haven't actually seen a case made for these claims, though.

So what's the story on this kid? Who's seen him play a bunch and is willing to help paint a picture for us?

Did he play primarily C or W at the USNTDP? Is he playing C or W at BU?

Didn't he miss the cut-off for last draft by a single day? Are his stats a little underwhelming given his age and projected draft position?

He's in the top five in every draft list I've seen, yet he really didn't outpace the other top USNTDP players last year:

Joshua Norris: May'99 - 61gp 61pts - Late 1st '17
Grant Mismash: Feb'99 - 65pg 61pts - 2nd Rounder '17
Evan Barratt : Feb'99 - 63gp 56pts - 3rd Rounder '17
Brady Tkachuk: Sep'99 - 61gp 54pts - Projected top 3-5 pick '18
Quinn Hughes : Oct'99 - 65gp 53pts - Projected top 5-10 pick '18 **DEFENSEMAN**
Scott Reedy : Apr '99 - 60gp 42pts - 4th Rounder '17

Obviously stats aren't everything and his weren't bad or anything but he's not really head and shoulders above his peers on that team, even if they're 4-7 months older. Might be worth noting, anyway.

I saw an interview with Brady where he says he plays exactly like his brother and his dad but he's a better skater than them. How true is that? Is he really a better skating version of Matt Tkachuk?

My Coyotes are looking to be head for yet another VERY rough season, and I'm trying to get some early 2018 Entry Draft chatter started. Especially on a local legacy like a Tkachuk boy.

What can Team USA and BU Terriers fans share with us?

Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad