F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
still have him at #5 for me, not much has changed since the start of the year- he will definitely make some team very happy selecting him early in the first round by making the NHL straight from his draft year.

Reactions: Dodospice and cgf

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I must admit that I have seen nothing of Tkachuk aside from the WJC. I think that I might have some unwatched BU games on the PVR... sorry, I digress, IMHO, if the Habs get the 4-6th picks, Tkachuk will be the Habs pick. Just too much CHaracter for Bergevin to pass on.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I must admit that I have seen nothing of Tkachuk aside from the WJC. I think that I might have some unwatched BU games on the PVR... sorry, I digress, IMHO, if the Habs get the 4-6th picks, Tkachuk will be the Habs pick. Just too much CHaracter for Bergevin to pass on.
I see scouts liking his size, grit and speed. But he cannot score even playing with his peers--at any level. Not sure why but if you do not need goals or points from your power forward he is your man.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
“A complimentary player.”

“Can’t drive the play.”

“Limited offensive upside.”

Reminds me of two other power forwards...

Keith and Matthew

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Do you guys see all four of Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom making the NHL next season?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looking for reasons to pick Tkachuk over Wahlstrom ... behind Svechnikov and Zadina as the next forward off the board. IE less about Wahlstrom > Tkachuk .. not the point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Do you guys see all four of Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom making the NHL next season?

Svech will, regardless. I think Zadina will as well, but it might depend who takes him.

I think Tkachuk will go back to BU, and I think Wahlstrom goes to either the Q or NCAA next year. Ironically, wouldn’t be surprised if those two are teammates next year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If he had a different last name, he’d be in the 10-15 range imo.

I don’t know, people point to the Nylander bros, but scouts are usually good at separating this.

If anything, maybe he goes 4-6 where he should go more like 6-10. But I don’t think it’s as big a difference as what you are suggesting.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
Any links?

The official site still says that he is going: Oliver Wahlstrom

Wouldn´t they remove that if he did not get in? Googling "Wahlstrom Harvard" does not give any results or news items to the contrary. Also, admissions results are usually announced twice a year - during Jan/Feb for some curricula and around June for September intake. So we would either know by now or will know around June (perhaps a week or two earlier). April would be a surprising month for any academic institution to announce who will be attending, that´s all. The semester is still in full swing.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
He could i guess but how often does that actually happen , apparently he committed when he was like 15
It's not that uncommon. Players wait until after the draft, then if they decommit from the NCAA and sign with a CHL team they are not required to complete their CHL eligibility before they can play in a professional league other than the NHL (e.g. AHL).

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
no idea what people are seeing when they say that tkachuk can't drive the play. perhaps stat watching? this guy is all over the place up and down the ice. he's the best two way forward in the draft in my opinion. less ratty than matthew but brings some of the same elements. his top end speed is ridiculous and he has the hands to finish plays at the net. he's probably your guy at 4th overall unless teams make the same mistake on him as they did with matthew, but with his size and positional advantage that's doubtful.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
no idea what people are seeing when they say that tkachuk can't drive the play. perhaps stat watching? this guy is all over the place up and down the ice. he's the best two way forward in the draft in my opinion. less ratty than matthew but brings some of the same elements. his top end speed is ridiculous and he has the hands to finish plays at the net. he's probably your guy at 4th overall unless teams make the same mistake on him as they did with matthew, but with his size and positional advantage that's doubtful.
What mistake did teams make with Matthew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad