F Andrei Krutov - Chaika Nizhny Novgorod, MHL (2024 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Russian Forward has 3 points in 5 games to start the season in the MHL as an underager - was wondering if someone could help inform me about the type of player he is and how he may project?

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
@dyldude or @Caser any thoughts on this player?
Very skilled, but isn't a driver. Relies on his linemates to do most of the heavy lifting and then pops in with some dangles that look nice, but often isn't doing much in terms of creating separation. Pace is also not really high enough to sustain his style in a setting outside of junior. Will be a good MHL player, but not a draft prospect for me.

Reactions: slumpy43

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Very skilled, but isn't a driver. Relies on his linemates to do most of the heavy lifting and then pops in with some dangles that look nice, but often isn't doing much in terms of creating separation. Pace is also not really high enough to sustain his style in a setting outside of junior. Will be a good MHL player, but not a draft prospect for me.
Have you seen any of Daniil Anatsky? Was considering making a thread for him because I can't find any info at all on him, but not sure if he is viable NHL prospect or not.

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Have you seen any of Daniil Anatsky? Was considering making a thread for him because I can't find any info at all on him, but not sure if he is viable NHL prospect or not.
Probably not worth a thread. I had a decent viewing in preseason, but he's mostly been just a guy since then. Big, plays a wrecking ball-esque style at times which is intriguing, has shown some playmaking habits in flashes, but the pace and handling look like major limitations right now.

Reactions: slumpy43 and Frk It

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
By and large the Russian 2006 generation is trash, at least the forwards are.

I'm sure some late bloomers will emerge, but as of now Surin and Gridin are good. Graf is okay. Dontsov has skills but is a midget. Fyodorov could be intriguing as a late '06 for the 2025 draft.
Luttsev could be a sleeper.
Not much hapnin'.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
His creation ability has massively improved to where I'm comfortable calling it a strength. Should be burying the puck more with all the shots he takes but he's become very good at finding shots, and it wouldn't surprise me if his goalscoring input eventually trends upwards. He's starting to look like another talent from Novgorod's recent youth factory.

Some surprisingly good upside with some legitimate potential if he can continue putting his game together, but may not have the tools to be an NHLer if he can't. Worth a draft pick for the gamble.

Reactions: BMann

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
This kid should be going in the first or second round. Don’t know why he doesn’t have more attention behind him. He is absolutely going to be a great KHLer and going to come in like Kaprizov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad