Explanation of NCAA/ACHA hockey?

BrennenW16

Mar 10, 2014
Tennessee
Hello,

As a sophomore in high school, im starting to begin a lot of my college searching, and im looking at and interested in playing hockey in college. I currently play for a u16 AA elite team as a u15, so im playing up an age group. And I plan on playing a u18 AA elite team next year, as a u16.

Im starting to begin a lot of my college searches right now, and my main interest is to play hockey in college. However, a lot of this ACHA and everything is overwhelming and confusing.

I know that Im not talented and good enough tok play NCAA DIII or NCAA DI, so I thought that ACHA would be best for me. Its very confusing to me, and I dont know where to begin searching and everything.

Right now, I believe that ACHA DIII is best for me, however some of my coaches think I can do better, most likely DII. Ive been looking at some of the colleges im interested in going to, and the main ones are Marquette, Loyola (Chicago), and Central Michigan.

For instance, Ive noticed on Loyola that a good amount of the players have played juniors (NAHL was the highest) and prep schools. But like in the DIII southern division, some of the teams look pretty bad.

So could you just kind of explain this whole NCAA/ACHA hockey? What level, just based on the teams I play for, do you think I have the best shot at? How should I get noticed by these colleges and start a "connection" with them?

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad