Post-Game Talk: Expansion Draft Results - Poll

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I view it as a little more complex than that.

Toby waived meaning we didn't have to go 4-4-1. That saved exposing Perreault, Lowry, Armia. It left Dano exposed. We didn't lose Dano and kept all those guys as well.

Disappointed a little but not a ton, I'll just have to learn a new tier of draftable guys.

Mark my words though that 2019 pick will be the next "Stempniak" on this board. ;)

I'm way, way less worked up than everyone else. So much "what if" angst in that other thread.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Too bad you didn't include the choice where most would land. Somewhere in the middle of love it and hate it. Especially when we have no idea what the subsequent trades are until tomorrow. So to avoid looking out to lunch I'll at least wait until those are revealed.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Absolutely Hate it...

Worst move I've seen him do yet... I want to be optimistic with management but I'm not gonna be when we gave up a potential stud for someone who won't likely pinch the Top 6 or Top 4 just because we A. Wanted to save an injury prone Top 9 forward, or B. An aging Defensemen with a horrible contract and will retire within the next 3 seasons...

I hope we make some moves but I doubt it because Chevy wouldn't do one when the season was on the line so I doubt that he will do anything... an entire season wasted because of bad management(and I was open just getting used to picking the 13th OA)...

Oh and don't forget a third rounder to add some salt to the wound...

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Too bad you didn't include the choice where most would land. Somewhere in the middle of love it and hate it. Especially when we have no idea what the subsequent trades are until tomorrow. So to avoid looking out to lunch I'll at least wait until those are revealed.

That was intentional by me, don't want to hear about people on the fence.

Future trades have nothing to do with this move, unless it involves one of these pieces.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I really don't see the positive side to this, we missed the playoffs because we wherent willing to move players or picks than and now trade down lower than many playoff teams and move a 3rd like it's nothing... I really didn't care for Dano and Enstrom was replaceable with that pick and definitely replaceable of of his recent performance..

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
At some point you have to build around whay you have. We need to make the playoffs. I dont think losing dano affects that as much but losing enstrom certainly sets us back. And for what? A magic bean 11 spots earlier? Ya i like some those guys too but fact is even in the first round aome of those guys just wont turn out. We are at a point where we need to focus on now and less on years down the road.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Nashville lost Neal
Chicago lost TVR
Minnesota lost Haula and Tuch
Dallas lost Eakin
Colorado lost Pickard
St. Louis lost Perron

Jets had addition by subtraction

This is a good day.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Nashville lost Neal
Chicago lost TVR
Dallas lost Eakin
Colorado lost Pickard
St. Louis lost Perron

This is a good day.

We lost the difference between 13th & 24th plus a 3rd pick......not like we didn't lose anything.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Nashville lost Neal
Chicago lost TVR
Dallas lost Eakin
Colorado lost Pickard
St. Louis lost Perron

This is a good day.

Nashville, Chicago and Minnesota are good teams and can afford the losses. Eakin, Pickard and Perron are crap. Thorburn wasn't coming back anyway.

Back to you for rebuttal, if you like.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
love it! with the state of our Left side D... Enstrom is still really important. Dano can easily be a great 4th liner or decent 3rd liner.

Dhors

Oct 23, 2015
Halifax
I like it. A little disappointed because I wanted a good player in the draft this year, but happy we still have a 1st rounder, and I like Dano. Enstrom is a necessary part of the puzzle for a playoff run next season. Chevy showing the team he wants to keep them together and values what he has. Here's to hoping a good player falls to us in the draft and we see a couple more moves by Chevy this offseason. :)

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Salty ppl gotta understand that if you look at the XD as a whole, Chevy did very well considering our situation. Had Toby not been convinced to waive his NMC we would have had to 1) lose a MUCH better player or 2) have had to pay MUCH more for protection. Moving down in the draft isn't ideal but it shouldn't be a big deal as we should still have guys like POJ or Thomas available. If we look at the XD as a whole than I think Chevy has dealt with it AT LEAST competently.

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
IMO the time for loading on prospects is done. We have the pieces. Here and now, minus goaltending and a serviceable LD. Its time to start building around. Not looking to the 3 plus year future. We need to do what we can with what we have. And the fact is we are better with enstrom and dano, then the hopefuls from the draft.

Nov 24, 2006
At some point you have to build around whay you have. We need to make the playoffs. I dont think losing dano affects that as much but losing enstrom certainly sets us back. And for what? A magic bean 11 spots earlier? Ya i like some those guys too but fact is even in the first round aome of those guys just wont turn out. We are at a point where we need to focus on now and less on years down the road.

Agree with this.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Who cares if the Jets lost any of Dano, Enstrom, Armia, or Perreault. Moving down like this was a dumb move and absolutely pointless.

Jets are gonna miss another opportunity to draft a good left handed d-man, something much more important than any of the above players.

God I hate Chevy. Probably ends up drafting a winger that turns into nothing at 24th.

Nov 24, 2006
Who cares if the Jets lost any of Dano, Enstrom, Armia, or Perreault. Moving down like this was a dumb move and absolutely pointless.

Jets are gonna miss another opportunity to draft a good left handed d-man, something much more important than any of the above players.

That joins the team when? 3-4 years from now?

Nah.

The timing was right for this, even if I'm not a big Marko Dano fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad