Expansion Draft Leak thread.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Even when they announce the picks, this probably isn't even close to the opening night roster. I'm not saying it's not interesting, but I wouldn't judge anything too harshly just yet.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I'll pass judgment when I see how many picks we got but sending a third rounder back for Alex Tuch to not take Dumba is next to brain dead. Huge missed opportunity.

I'm disappointed, yet ecstatic! LOL

As a Wild fan I was really unhappy to see Dumba available. Their GM did a great job keeping their young NHL talent while getting back a 3rd! The Wild have a couple years to make a run after which the Parise and Suter contracts are going to begin to hurt.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
updated

Smith Shipachyov Marchessault
Karlsson Eakin Leipsic
Haula Lindberg Tuch
Nosek Bellemare Carrier

Sbisa Schlemko
Schmidt Stoner
McNabb Engelland
Reinhart

MAF

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Gotta say I'm surprised they took McNabb from the Kings. Their choices on defense from LA, Montreal, and Edmonton for that matter have me wondering wtf. I mean Emelin can hit, sure but meh. And Griffin...

Anyway I would have taken Lewis from LA. And it's not close.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
I am glad we poached Schlemko from SJ he's on a great contract and was solid last year kinda wanted Boedkker didn't wanna screw my old fave team by taking Schlemko but it was the right pick

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
10 LHD and 3 RHD I think interesting can't wait to see the trades tomorrow and enjoy the draft this weekend

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I do too but I gotta say I expected more goalies.

I never understood that whole thing.

Goalies are as low a value as they've been in a long time. I don't know how stocking up goalies was supposed to be a good move. Why stock up to flip for second round picks if you can do the same not picking talented/older skaters?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Karlsson Eakin Leipsic
Haula Lindberg Tuch
Nosek Bellemare Carrier
Pulkkinen

Schmidt Schlemko
Theodore Stoner
McNabb Engelland
Reinhart

MAF
Pickard

that's more like it

Last edited:

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Karlsson Eakin Leipsic
Haula Lindberg Tuch
Nosek Bellemare Carrier

Sbisa Schlemko
Schmidt Stoner
McNabb Engelland
Reinhart

MAF

that's more like it

Kinda hope Theodore makes the team and produces he's my favorite of the young guys who could develop into a core guy that we have so far

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I never understood that whole thing.

Goalies are as low a value as they've been in a long time. I don't know how stocking up goalies was supposed to be a good move. Why stock up to flip for second round picks if you can do the same not picking talented/older skaters?

Remember when Conte said they want to draft 7 goalies to trade them.
They had no clue. And now they have Berube, Amateurs

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Kinda hope Theodore makes the team and produces he's my favorite of the young guys who could develop into a core guy that we have so far

He is a definite blue chip in all this. I expect him to play a lot of minutes and play well. He'll have learning curve of course, but the kid belongs.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
You are underestimating Lindberg.

He was Ranger's best center in the playoffs and then looked great in the WCs, on a line with Backstrom and Nylander.

He can without a doubt get a spot in the top-6.

He's sure as hell better than Karlsson, Nosek and Tuch.
This.
I don't think he's ever going to be more that a 3C on a legitimate contender, but given the glut of backup goalies and the difficulty in turning up good centers, I'd say he was the better pick for Vegas over Raanta.
Bruh, Lindberg was SHL Playoffs MVP, has one SHL championship (together with Bellemare btw) and two Worlc Championship gold medals. He's definitely underrated, and was underused by Alain Vigneault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad