Pre-Game Talk: Expansion brothers game, Saturday night 7pm in the SENS DEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Why recall MacEwen instead of Smejkal??? The only thing MacEwen is good at is take stupid penalties!! Smejkal deserves to a shot

Smejkal was scratched in Bellevegas so I wouldn't have counted on him being brought up.

I feel like he got sent down and he probably was mad about it and they're sending him a message by scratching him and not calling him up right now. He will get his opportunity for sure.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Too bad we added to that draft by losing a bunch of firsts and seconds for nothing, basically cancelling the competitive advantage we got from that draft.

I'm counting 3 first and 4 seconds given away to the NHL or other teams in trades for assets that aren't even here anymore.

1st(#4) for Duchene.
1st(#7) for debrincat.
1st to the NHL for dadanov (how have we not appealed yet????)

2nd for Stepan
2nd for Murray
2nd to get rid of zaitsev

The list goes on.

It's extremely difficult to build a proper contender when you piss away so many valuable assets.

Not to mention stone for brannstrom.

These all add up.

Zibanejad for Brassard.

We went from a rebuild that could eventually win a cup to a rebuild that could eventually make the playoffs. We lost all depth. All assets. All prospects. We've got nothing coming up through the last 3 drafts and without a first in the upcoming, that will likely make 4 drafts without a strong player.

How do you get ahead?
You hire a "real" GM, not a fake!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We went from a rebuild that could eventually win a cup to a rebuild that could eventually make the playoffs. We lost all depth. All assets. All prospects. We've got nothing coming up through the last 3 drafts and without a first in the upcoming, that will likely make 4 drafts without a strong player.

How do you get ahead?
Senators currently have 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Dorion barely out and already better call-up decisions are being made. I bet (always on Pinto's account) that under Dorion we would have had McEwen and one of Highmore/Crookshank/Reinhardt. And I say this as someone who liked Reinhardt's pre-season and isn't a Jar-Jar fan at all. But you need to bet on upside at this point and try to develop Jar-Jar into something.
Bet on upside? That sounds very desperate and desperation is the last thing we need at the 9 game mark of the season.

We aren't going to win games thanks to an offence first or game breaking mentality on the 3rd or 4th line. We are going to win games by tightening up and sticking to our assignments, top to bottom of the lineup. That's the opposite of desperation, imo.

I'm ok with Jarventie because he deserves a shot after his preseason and yes, has the most upside. But if the Jarventie of last year shows up it is exactly what we don't need. A one dimensional low motor player will be absolute kryptonite right now.

He should be on a very short leash because until he proves otherwise at the NHL level, he is still a liability due to his compete level.

Reinhardt on the other hand is the perfect call up at the moment. High energy, 200' player who can push the pace and inspire a line on his own. I'm not trying to oversell him but I think a coaches player is a better fit at the moment and that's what Reinhardt is. I know that sounds a lot like the mantra that saw Tierney play 18 minutes a night for two years longer than he should have but it's true with the breakdowns in effort and missed assignments that this team is showing right now.

Again, I'm ok with Jarventie but to say this is a home run call up and a sign of better decision making by management is getting a little carried away imo. Reinhardt is a safer call up at a time when tightening up is all this team needs, not game breakers who lack consistency.

Reactions: DrEasy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Bet on upside? That sounds very desperate and desperation is the last thing we need at the 9 game mark of the season.

We aren't going to win games thanks to an offence first or game breaking mentality on the 3rd or 4th line. We are going to win games by tightening up and sticking to our assignments, top to bottom of the lineup. That's the opposite of desperation, imo.

I'm ok with Jarventie because he deserves a shot after his preseason and yes, has the most upside. But if the Jarventie of last year shows up it is exactly what we don't need. A one dimensional low motor player will be absolute kryptonite right now.

He should be on a very short leash because until he proves otherwise at the NHL level, he is still a liability due to his compete level.

Reinhardt on the other hand is the perfect call up at the moment. High energy, 200' player who can push the pace and inspire a line on his own. I'm not trying to oversell him but I think a coaches player is a better fit at the moment and that's what Reinhardt is. I know that sounds a lot like the mantra that saw Tierney play 18 minutes a night for two years longer than he should have but it's true with the breakdowns in effort and missed assignments that this team is showing right now.

Again, I'm ok with Jarventie but to say this is a home run call up and a sign of better decision making by management is getting a little carried away imo. Reinhardt is a safer call up at a time when tightening up is all this team needs, not game breakers who lack consistency.
They probably feel Jarventie is better at centre than Reinhardt.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Indeed, end of an era

Enjoy the ride, it keeps getting better

Funny how slow it starts out because later It starts moving so fast I actually kinda lost interest. I'm partway through season four but I can't even remember where...

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Awesome reply, my friend. Thank you. You know more about this than my ticket rep does!

I also have the $600 package. Until now i never figured out the concession savings, so i really appreciate that. I was expecting a season ticket holder card that never arrived.

I still think it a waste for me since i prefer to buy last minute, but I prefer to support the team over stubhub resellers so i guess I'm doing my part. I missed way too many games in the past due to snowstorms or unforeseen events.
No prob, few typos i see, but you get it I’m sure. It won’t be me personally emailing or calling you lol… the season ticket rep!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Senators currently have 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft.

Sorry I misspoke. I meant to say without a 1st in one of the upcoming drafts.

I mean, we can acquire one by trading away an asset. But we're losing one of our upcoming firsts...for nothing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Dj said he wanted more of the puck but that’s still very much based on getting pucks deep and working to get it back.

So, I'm not sure what value is derived by the y axis on this.

why is xGF per 100 dump in entries important? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what they mean but it seems like they are dividing total xGF by total dump in entries (x100) which tells you nothing about how effective their dump ins are without knowing how effective their carry ins are.

Dump in rates are interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad