Post-Game Talk: Exhibition: Caps vs Canes | Wed, 7/29/20 | 4:00p ET | NBSCN/NBCSW

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Sammy injury is unfortunate and hopefully we don't miss him this playoffs - with Holtby playing well enough to not need to be replaced at all. This is a good extended look for Vanecek, who is not waiver-eligible next season. If he shows them enough in the bubble - practice time and any looks he may get in relief - and shines in TC next season, I still can see them rolling with Sammy and Vanny next season.

Vanecek has looked quite good and solid this game. I hope he impresses them over the next few months because we would have great cap flexibility with those two in goal.

I know the whole inexperience thing, but, if both are solid enough on a consistent basis that won't matter. Seems NYR is going to go in that direction too.

Reactions: Futures Passed

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Sammy injury is unfortunate and hopefully we don't miss him this playoffs - with Holtby playing well enough to not need to be replaced at all. This is a good extended look for Vanecek, who is not waiver-eligible next season. If he shows them enough in the bubble - practice time and any looks he may get in relief - and shines in TC next season, I still can see them rolling with Sammy and Vanny next season.

Vanecek has looked quite good and solid this game. I hope he impresses them over the next few months because we would have great cap flexibility with those two in goal.

I know the whole inexperience thing, but, if both are solid enough on a consistent basis that won't matter. Seems NYR is going to go in that direction too.
I'm not sure what hockey news you been following, as Samsonov is injured and won't be playing in these playoffs!

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Also, gimme Orlov at RD any day of the week. I know it was his natural position and he hasn't played there in a while, but, he looks more than fine there. If anything, he has a lot more skill ability, with his preference to toe-drag and deke from his forehand onto his backhand for protected puck possession on the boards.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I'm not sure what hockey news you been following, as Samsonov is injured and won't be playing in these playoffs!

Yep, I know! Hoping we don't miss him as in Holtby doesn't need any relief because he plays poorly. Sammy would have been the guy to step in, now he's out for the playoffs. Now, it's Vanny or Copley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad