Post-Game Talk: [EX2] Canucks lose to Oilers - 1-2 (OT) (Hughes)

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

It's lit

as the youngsters say

hero-image.fill.size_1200x900.v1635771910.jpg

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Alright, with Pettersson/Kuzmenko they have an outside chance. That Draisaitl matchup will be ugly, though.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If the Canucks want to field an AHL lineup with the minimum number of "veterans" required by the NHL while the main group of players focus on learning Tocchet's systems and "right way to play", that is fine with me.
They had half a season and this offseason. They shouldn't be needing to learn anything by now unless they are recent additions.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Different year, same story. Throw AHL tweeners out there to "see what we have", watch them get stomped, play the full team in the last game, come out flat.

Yawn. We should be getting our kicks in with the full line-up now. This isn't a development year, this is a year where it's crucial that we make the playoffs, and that needs to start yesterday.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Sounds a lot more likely than another AHL roster. 6 preseason games

1st game: is a throw away away game full of ahlers.

2nd game 50% NHLers
3rd game the other 50% NHL era

Vets 1 game at the 1/2 way mark and the wannabes 2 shots to impress.

Games 4-6. 2/3rds NHLers and best hopefuls

After 6 preseason games the vets will have either 3 or 4 warm up pre-season games. This balances injury risk/fatigue management against rust.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Looks like DeSmith, Garland, Myers, Sasson, Soucy, Dries, Raty also travelled

Theres the squad!
Garland and Raty duo might be dominant enough to overtake Millers line

Everything has to go right though

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They had half a season and this offseason. They shouldn't be needing to learn anything by now unless they are recent additions.
Regulars are going to get in like 3 games, maybe 4, but most likely it's going to be 3. If they decide that those 3 games that the regulars do play, they are basically going to be icing their opening day roster, fine, go and get them gelled and ready to go from the start.

They need to be ready to go from the start, not be out of it by game 15-20.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Raty is our rightful* 4th line center, right..?

* may not make team right away but will be playing middle for Canucks by Christmas

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
i think they should be the preseason cup favorites

Still need to prove it in the playoffs obviously, but at the very least they probably have some form of historic regular season in my opinion.

Regardless who we ice, the Oilers will cave our defense in tonight, and probably all year.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This is a home game isn’t it? How is Edmonton still icing a more NHL ready roster than Vancouver.

This bit the team in the ass last season, so why do this same shit again

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Looking forward to seeing Bains against NHL competition.
Would love to see him beside Raty and perhaps someone like Garland that can do a bit of the play driving.

I look at Bains as a “jack of all trades master of none” type of player. Sometimes you need those types of players and I do think Bains will find himself with the Canucks sooner rather than later.

I don’t necessarily see anything wrong in his overall game. But I also don’t see anything that really sticks out either. A guy who’s flown under a bunch of people’s radar for majority of his career. He seems very unpredictable, in a sense, in that you don’t really know what you’re going to get from him, but you just have this feeling he’s capable of actually amounting to something.

Maybe I’m just talking out of my ass, what do I know. What I do know is that Bains, Hirose, McWard all share a similar story. And guess what, they seem to be our diamonds in the rough in terms of how prospects go.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Kuz - Petey - Hog
Joshua - Sasson - Dries ??
Bains - Raty - Garland ??
Aman - Blue - Stud

Yeah the first and 4th line are what they’ve been trying at practice. No clue how the middle lines will come together.

Defence is the same. Hughes-McWard is obvious Myers is the only other righty. There’s also 7 guys so one of Rathbone/Wolanin/Brisebois is getting scratched.

Reactions: arttk

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Kuz - Petey - Hog
Joshua - Sasson - Dries ??
Bains - Raty - Garland ??
Aman - Blue - Stud
Looks likely. I’d expect Joshua to get reps with Blueger if he shows up.

Hughes McWard
Brisebois Myers
Wolanin Soucy?

Maybe they move Soucy up and McWard down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad