Post-Game Talk: [EX2] Canucks lose to Oilers - 1-2 (OT) (Hughes)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
lmao. That exchange in the corner with Hoglander and Pettersson just perfectly encapsulated what's wrong with Hoglander right now...still.

Fighting hard in the corner to come up with the puck, but then just sorta spinning and looking like he wanted to do...something strange with the play. Then Petey just slips in, borrows the puck...and makes the simple, easy play back to the point to create some space to work with. Like...why could've Hoggy have done that? That's what he needs to be better at. When there's no play and you're boxed in, just make the quick easy play to keep the possession alive. Up or down the wall in the cycle.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I know it’s just preseason, but the fact that we’re playing some of an NHL roster, and we gave up one goal against the Oilers, that’s nice lol

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I know it’s just preseason, but the fact that we’re playing some of an NHL roster, and we gave up one goal against the Oilers, that’s nice lol
Draisiatl is either playing at 10%, hurt or something. The guy looks like a 40 points player tonight lol

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm still going to take the pessimist role and say that it's best for McWard if he gets reps in the AHL. I feel like a lot of players sometimes look good to start and once you get a month into the season and things start being normal, there's a drop off.

Buuuut he does look better than what I remember to end the year last year so there is that

I still think we should be targeting two D on waivers.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It’s pretty clear he doesn’t want any contact or to break a sweat tonight
Part of why he will never be respected and always be known as McDavids sidekick.

Good player with REALLY bad habits that McDavid can cover up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad