Player Discussion Evgeni Dadonov: A New Dad in Town

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
weird situation - MSL's reaction in that interview was telling.
No NHL team wants him at that cap and lack of production.
Waivers looks bad on the habs, maybe they find a trade,
maybe he's actually injured, maybe he really does want to go back to KHL.
lots of maybes

Why does waivers look bad? Why can Wayne Simmonds, James Neal, David Backes, etc... be sent down but not Dadonov, Drouin, and /or Hoffman?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Why does waivers look bad? Why can Wayne Simmonds, James Neal, David Backes, etc... be sent down but not Dadonov, Drouin, and /or Hoffman?
My guess is that they are still holding out hope that EVENTUALLY at least one of those three put together a good stretch and become suitable for trade. We aren't in contending status so we can afford the patience. If we were going for the playoffs then I'm sure they'd be waived.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Now we know why Vegas parted ways with him.

Sadly, the Habs didn't get their money's worth out of trading Subban. HuGo pulled a brilliant move though out of ridding himself from that awful Weber contract.

They should place Dadonov on waivers and send him down. They save a million or so on the cap and he's gone at the end of the year.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
My guess is that they are still holding out hope that EVENTUALLY at least one of those three put together a good stretch and become suitable for trade. We aren't in contending status so we can afford the patience. If we were going for the playoffs then I'm sure they'd be waived.
The book is out on those 3 guys. I don’t think anyone will want them. Maybe Drouin if he’s able to put up some points before the deadline, at 50% salary retention he could fetch a 6th or 7th. But I’m doubtful.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The book is out on those 3 guys. I don’t think anyone will want them. Maybe Drouin if he’s able to put up some points before the deadline, at 50% salary retention he could fetch a 6th or 7th. But I’m doubtful.
I agree but there’s also no harm in being patient. Not like we are preventing someone getting key ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad