Everything Nazem Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He's been great but he's got to keep it up 20 games doesn't erase 2 seasons of sub par production

Subpar? He played with terrible linemates and had extremely bad SH% for the chances he was creating.

Kadri will get 50-55 points. It's arguable that he's been our best forward this year when you put his numbers in context of his role.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Playing well in his role as "shutdown"

No issues. Keep it up

Center PPG

1. McDavid 1.27
2. Crosby 1.25
3. Stamkos 1.18
4. Seguin 1.00
5. Scheifele 1.00
6. Galchenyuk 1.00
7. Backstrom 0.95
8. Getzlaf 0.95
9. Malkin 0.95
10. Wennberg 0.95
11. Anisimov 0.91
12. Carter 0.86
13. Giroux 0.82
14. Matthews 0.81
15. Rask 0.80
16. Zibanejad 0.79
17. Kadri 0.76
18. Staal 0.76
19. Tavares 0.75
20. MacKinnon 0.75

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Center PPG

1. McDavid 1.27
2. Crosby 1.25
3. Stamkos 1.18
4. Seguin 1.00
5. Scheifele 1.00
6. Galchenyuk 1.00
7. Backstrom 0.95
8. Getzlaf 0.95
9. Malkin 0.95
10. Wennberg 0.95
11. Anisimov 0.91
12. Carter 0.86
13. Giroux 0.82
14. Matthews 0.81
15. Rask 0.80
16. Zibanejad 0.79
17. Kadri 0.76
18. Staal 0.76
19. Tavares 0.75
20. MacKinnon 0.75

Appreciate you quoting me with regards to him playing well in his shutdown role, is there a point to the chart? Seems to show him playing well does it not?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Center PPG

1. McDavid 1.27
2. Crosby 1.25
3. Stamkos 1.18
4. Seguin 1.00
5. Scheifele 1.00
6. Galchenyuk 1.00
7. Backstrom 0.95
8. Getzlaf 0.95
9. Malkin 0.95
10. Wennberg 0.95
11. Anisimov 0.91
12. Carter 0.86
13. Giroux 0.82
14. Matthews 0.81
15. Rask 0.80
16. Zibanejad 0.79
17. Kadri 0.76
18. Staal 0.76
19. Tavares 0.75
20. MacKinnon 0.75

Looks like the magic of Babcock has struck again, he figured out what niche role Kadri would excel at and gave him all the rope he needed. Only 60ish games to go ...

What I find interesting is many of those forwards go up against the best checking lines every night and can still produce at such a high rate.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Only upper tier centers go into Kadri's role and produce the points he has so far.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
The one thing that's annoying me this year is the refs vendetta against Kadri. Doesn't seem to matter what happens to him, there's no call.

Yesterday Backstrom slewfooted him before setting up a goal, it's getting ridiculous.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The one thing that's annoying me this year is the refs vendetta against Kadri. Doesn't seem to matter what happens to him, there's no call.

Yesterday Backstrom slewfooted him before setting up a goal, it's getting ridiculous.

Completely agree.

I'm not one to complain about referee's, but this season so far has been systematically horrendous. And I don't mean the individual games. Penalties seem to be all automatics plus when teams have built up to it, resulting in clear things let go until finally they call a nothing penalty. Players that traditionally draw penalties now can't buy one. They're putting the whistle away late, adapting to score way too much. Emotionally or physicality-driven things get called, especially in between whistles, while defensive shortcuts (other than the automatics) goes uncalled.

Feels like referees as a group try to micro-manage games, rather than just call them. And I don't like the results of it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Only upper tier centers go into Kadri's role and produce the points he has so far.

You're right. He is a pretty damn good C. Thank goodness the knuckleheads that wanted to trade him for peanuts didn't get their way care of Lou and company.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I have nothing bad to say about Kadri's play this year, full improvement in a less offensive role. Let him do his thing and play like he has been (borderline reckless some times, complete pest)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The only thing more amazing than Kadri's play on the ice is Kadri's thread going 2 full pages without any virtol.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yup. He's playing amazing.

It is getting ridiculous, hope it ends soon.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Nice to see him getting more recognition. He has been awesome in every aspect of the game.

Scott Cullen at TSN even did a "first quarter" awards article, and he mentioned Kadri as being a Selke candidate

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-first-quarter-nhl-awards-1.616660

always draft skill.

the best defensive players are skilled players.

Him being poor defensively was so overblown. I always felt like it was more of an issue with consistency/effort, rather than just not knowing how to play defense.

In Kadri's draft year, he led the league in shorthanded points.

http://rangers.ice.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53969

NOTES: Missed part of season with a broken jaw. Speedy penalty-killing expert led league with 10 shorthanded points.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Subpar? He played with terrible linemates and had extremely bad SH% for the chances he was creating.

Kadri will get 50-55 points. It's arguable that he's been our best forward this year when you put his numbers in context of his role.

60 is not out of the question. If he continues to receive PP time with Nylander and Matthews, it's possible. The three of them have done well together on the PP.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Only top tier centers go up against the top line and put up the numbers kadri has.

Also hes doing this with bottom 6 wingers.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Appreciate you quoting me with regards to him playing well in his shutdown role, is there a point to the chart? Seems to show him playing well does it not?

ok offense for a role player I guess.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Love Kadri's season so far and how he has embraced his role. Management did a great shop locking him up for an affordable cap hit. It would take a pretty sweet offer for me to part with Nazem at this point given what he now brings and his contract. Shutdown C's with good offence do not grow on trees. When we make the playoffs he will be so vital.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's having his best season of his career - should hit a career high in terms of scoring pace. Which is particularly impressive considering he's been the only legit top six player on his line this year.

He's responded so well to Babcock's systems: management definitely made the right call with his contract this past summer.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
One of the biggest jobs Babcock had was to rehabilitate two key young talented leafs who had been near destroyed by the Wilson/Babcock reign of idiocy - that would be Kadri and Gardiner.

That project is near completion, on both fronts.

You mean Carlyle ;)

Carlyle was detrimental toward Gardiner & Reilly and PMD as a whole even vets like Liles who literary destroyed Liles career. Carlyle was bad in so many ways but Wilson I 100% disagree with.

Much of everything that Babcock is about as a coach right down to the tee on the x's and o's and managing the bench is identical to what Wilson does. The difference is public image in dealing with the media made Wilson unlikable and with the loosing that transpired lead by the horrific goaltending he had became an escape goat for the masses of hockey IQ LeafNation for what was management mistakes.

It was Wilson's tough love approach that eliminated what was a real Kadri issue in his game with neutral zone turnovers & turnovers where he would try to beat guys from a stand still position which was a fact to what was his defensive faux pas as player that grew into a stigma that he wasn't good defensively individually and his own zone that was flat out wrong. That stigma still today exist and so many are shocked to see Kadri do so well vs the oppositions best when it's this type of play that got him drafted 7th overall in jr where a guy named Mark Hunter made the comment that he plays like Doug Gilmour.In short he always had this in him and we can thank Mark Hunter for why we still have Kadri & playing in this role today.;)

Don Cherry didn't like Wilson, that didn't help the cause either as people favored Cherry when he was 100% wrong on the Kadri front among a lot of other things. Babcock would have handled Kadri back then the same way Wilson did. ;)

Gardiner under Wilson was all rookie team where he earned the nickname "SILVER" representing that he played like a vet who's played 1000 games. Don't need to say anything else on that front where the Gardiner issues started cause it wasn't with Wilson.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yeah oops - the Wilson/Carlyle reign of idiocy. my bad.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
You mean Carlyle ;)

Carlyle was detrimental toward Gardiner & Reilly and PMD as a whole even vets like Liles who literary destroyed Liles career. Carlyle was bad in so many ways but Wilson I 100% disagree with.

Much of everything that Babcock is about as a coach right down to the tee on the x's and o's and managing the bench is identical to what Wilson does. The difference is public image in dealing with the media made Wilson unlikable and with the loosing that transpired lead by the horrific goaltending he had became an escape goat for the masses of hockey IQ LeafNation for what was management mistakes.

It was Wilson's tough love approach that eliminated what was a real Kadri issue in his game with neutral zone turnovers & turnovers where he would try to beat guys from a stand still position which was a fact to what was his defensive faux pas as player that grew into a stigma that he wasn't good defensively individually and his own zone that was flat out wrong. That stigma still today exist and so many are shocked to see Kadri do so well vs the oppositions best when it's this type of play that got him drafted 7th overall in jr where a guy named Mark Hunter made the comment that he plays like Doug Gilmour.In short he always had this in him and we can thank Mark Hunter for why we still have Kadri & playing in this role today.;)

Don Cherry didn't like Wilson, that didn't help the cause either as people favored Cherry when he was 100% wrong on the Kadri front among a lot of other things. Babcock would have handled Kadri back then the same way Wilson did. ;)

Gardiner under Wilson was all rookie team where he earned the nickname "SILVER" representing that he played like a vet who's played 1000 games. Don't need to say anything else on that front where the Gardiner issues started cause it wasn't with Wilson.

Wilson is a curmundgeon, difficult personality who the media hates because he condescends to them.
And he is also I believe a fine coach. In any event, miles above Carlysle.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Yeah I think last season his SH% was 6.5%, and that was with him placing 12th in the league in SOG. He has always been a strong possession player, and seeing him put up the points while taking on tough defensive assignments has been a treat to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad