OT: Everybody needs a little like in their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
A double yolk is supposed to mean that someone in the household is pregnant.

Personally, I think it means you get to have a bigger omelette and lie to yourself about the calories.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Verizon tries to douse criticism, touts “priority access” for first responders

LOL. "Capitalism" at work.
Pay attention people. So to get a factually accurate "unlimited" wireless plan in this country, you just need to put your life at risk fighting fires ... then wait to get throttled in the middle of historic fires ... twice ... then wait for a congressional committee to publicly embarrass said company. Taste that "freedom" at work.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
A double yolk is supposed to mean that someone in the household is pregnant.

Personally, I think it means you get to have a bigger omelette and lie to yourself about the calories.

I bought a carton of eggs, I'm halfway in and so far each one of them was a double yolk. What does that say about my household?

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Super ready for Fall. Would love a long Fall and short winter. That's pretty much what everybody wants though haha. Especially in New England.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I know this isn't a Northeastern forum but you bunch are my guys and gals....plus we all love critiquing hockey uniforms. What do you think of the new Northeastern logo/jersey? I like the new logo but think the lettering of Northeastern is a bit bland. Definitely think the lettering should be two-tone.

New:
y4m-fL4l8kZcHZOkkierF3EDxHVK7MQNDFbgPO21O4LZ9S5BecyZLyzI7geduGid1mImz2jY-ujcE_N1zVhR7UoboVceiWzmV-kSMlCb5RjGaoLrJ466uZbAD7dN45OGXG8pJpJo72sV1yxcBhP8jTJwTcXoxGW6WWbnxbRKAWqv8x2R383KgjdckRMyNZG7JkNuI3Ceom_HkvEv1Ac_htL8g

Old:
y4mnMe427bAO4i6BkJ4z3Yb1Ps1qridLzZGWuA_VXkkSE4AlFH5yw4g6mFKgFghXKhS33qkw2e158hA1faMbQlGDBIRFe22pDIL7Qf-TcaVgq36xtYRg1ff0GTurAysnuVOCSMxuXLvd2FwL7R8ILXfRqDikDT3LbTTR_iYBgNahsMBhL-lGFmh7AptA09gd7zX0h7znCJf3SnuyrPtCl1fQg

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I don't know why but the dark one (home?) looks more like a college sweater than a jersey to me. Which I absolutely love, by the way. Would consider buying if the team was in any way relevant to me and my life.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I bought a carton of eggs, I'm halfway in and so far each one of them was a double yolk. What does that say about my household?
That happened to me too a couple of years ago. I bought a carton of six eggs and every single one of them was a double yolk. I wonder what the science behind that is (but am too lazy to google it).

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
That happened to me too a couple of years ago. I bought a carton of six eggs and every single one of them was a double yolk. I wonder what the science behind that is (but am too lazy to google it).

My classmate who is gonna be a chicken vet was telling me they candle the eggs and can tell if they have a double yolk or not. And that some places package them and charge a bit more for it (although I'm not sure what the draw to double yolked eggs are). I wonder if when they were packaging the eggs the double yolked ones got set aside and then packaged separately at the end so the whole dozen were doubled.

The other thing she said was that double yolks tend to happen in young chickens when they double ovulate close together and their bodies usually figure it out how to synchronize better and make more normal eggs as they get a bit more mature. So maybe I just got a batch from the younger chickens.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I don't know why but the dark one (home?) looks more like a college sweater than a jersey to me. Which I absolutely love, by the way. Would consider buying if the team was in any way relevant to me and my life.

Here's to hoping Eetu Selanne makes huge strides and becomes a Duck! I've been thinking about modding one of my NU jerseys for Manson. Possibly the other for Roy. Would be great to see Eetu become a good player and then I could do one of the new ones with Selanne on the back. He didn't play much last season so not sure how he's fairing this year.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Not sure how many people care, but apparently Gibson is rated an 85 in nhl19. Andersen is an 88 for some context.

The people who do the ratings for those games are always awful towards our team.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I got fooled back then, september was insanely hot even by southern Europe standards, f*** it! But autumn is here at last!
I took a week off to make a trip around Italy and enjoy some good cuisine: ended up gaining a few kilos. So much for the good shape I reached this summer haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad