OT: Every time I see Justin Schultz...

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Realistically, The Wings never really had a shot at the Schultz, so I'm not really jealous or anything.
Now, If Dekeyser signs somewhere else and succeeds then I'll be depressed.

Detroit Sports*

Realistically, The Wings never really had a shot at the Schultz, so I'm not really jealous or anything.
Now, If Dekeyser signs somewhere else and succeeds then I'll be depressed.

According to Chelios ''If he is from Wisconsin I'll get him...":(

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Everytime I see Schultz I feel bad for the Ducks, although knowing the Ducks if the Oilers are leading big in a game against them I know what is coming his way.

He wasn't coming to Detroit. Not nearly on the same level, but I hope Jensen doesn't use the same loophole if we are dumb enough not to sign him after this year and he goes back and has a big senior season.

The other thing I think whenever I watch Justin Schultz is this guy is a forward.... Sandis Ozoliņš comes to mind as he is still pretty bad in his own end if you watch him.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
There's something special with Schultz, he just makes a simple play that leads to a goal every time. Sure he's had some extraordinary puck luck this year and his confidence is through the roof right now, but he's pretty much already looking like an elite offensive player.

For me he's just another player in the league though.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Everytime I see Schultz I feel bad for the Ducks, although knowing the Ducks if the Oilers are leading big in a game against them I know what is coming his way.

He wasn't coming to Detroit. Not nearly on the same level, but I hope Jensen doesn't use the same loophole if we are dumb enough not to sign him after this year and he goes back and has a big senior season.

The other thing I think whenever I watch Justin Schultz is this guy is a forward.... Sandis Ozoliņš comes to mind as he is still pretty bad in his own end if you watch him.

I don't think so. Players don't get that bent out of shape over one player making a "hockey/UFA decision" where he wanted to play. It's not like he embellished a goal celebration. Now that is something to lose your **** over....

BTW just add...that last comment was SARCASM. I wasn't put out by Yakupov's celly. But Also, I won't be overly upset if some meathead on L.A. in the next game makes Yakupov eat some stick and re-arranges that pretty smile of his. That's hockey folks.

Datstromberg

Nov 12, 2007
is it possible that he didnt want to sign with detroit out of fear of immediately being sent to the minors?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
is it possible that he didnt want to sign with detroit out of fear of immediately being sent to the minors?

Edmonton was the best choice for maximum playing time, and thus maximum payout.

Considering his age, and the EDM team, it may also be his strongest chance to win for years to come.

We really didn't have much of a chance with those factors

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Edmonton was the smart move. I would've done the same.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think so. Players don't get that bent out of shape over one player making a "hockey/UFA decision" where he wanted to play. It's not like he embellished a goal celebration. Now that is something to lose your **** over....

BTW just add...that last comment was SARCASM. I wasn't put out by Yakupov's celly. But Also, I won't be overly upset if some meathead on L.A. in the next game makes Yakupov eat some stick and re-arranges that pretty smile of his. That's hockey folks.

You should read Getzlaf's comments about the kid. Lets be honest the Ducks play a pretty thug brand of hockey when they fall behind. They are going to finish every check on him they can get with playoff intensity and if the game is out of control my opinion is one of the big boys will come calling whether he likes it or not.

The only thing slowing down the heated comments is the lack of contract extensions. But Getzlaf was not really diplomatic about it either, showed clear frustration with Schultz and something I expect to see when they play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad