Sportsnet Even Sportsnet Has Finally Realized The Obvious - Bruins Culture Matters

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
For all the “culture” the Bruins still did something that would be considered very Leaf-like last post season.

Not sure they have some special sauce that Toronto needs to follow. Boston just seemingly has their #. The Bruins did finish ahead of the leafs in the standings so it’s not like this is some crazy upset.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
An interesting article that hits on a key factor some people overlook while being overly focused on stats and sheer talent.

The factor is culture ..and the change started when Zee was brought on as captain and continues through two more Captains. It is something the suits in Toronto just haven't gotten- which is surprising since Shanny was such a core driver on several teams ( and someone I always hoped would play for the Bs).

Not saying the Bruins are the only example - Tampa was a potent an example of a winning culture aided by high end talent- hence their Cups. It is fascinating how many players come to Boston and flat out rave about the feel in the locker- room- the Bs have built something special and the reward for us fans has been an extended string of wins and fun ( and a Cup) that most fans never get to experience

Reactions: pearljamvs5 and BMC

DK46

Jun 21, 2012
Hanwell, NB
If they blow this, I agree it's not going to be pretty. If I'm being honest I'm not sure what I'll do. Can't even believe I'm at that point. But list the choke jobs for the past 15 years and it's impressive but not in a good way. 2011 must have been a alternate universe.

Pressure is firmly on Boston now.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad