Value of: Evander Kane

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Ignoring his off ice issues he is having a great season with Edmonton and McDavid.

What is his value in the off season? Is any team going to give him a long term deal? Does he bail for the most money? (What would happen if he wins his case against the Sharks and his new deal?)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He's having a great season despite the delayed start and off-ice BS. I still doubt anyone gives him more than a couple years term, though.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think anything more than 2 or 3 years is a huge mistake.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Give him term..if he messes up just terminate the contract ala Sharks

We don't really even know if they have cause yet, or if they are going to get a big cap penalty for that. But you're probably right, some GM will give him a dumb contract.

Reactions: nturn06

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
less than zero interest in signing him. Do not want him anywhere near our young players.
He’s been such a poor influence. Scoring at clutch times and all.

San Jose teammates voted the guy unanimous MVP for their team. They turned their back when the (now confirmed false) accusations came about.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yeah, you're right 30+ goal scorers with grit grow on trees. You think he's going to sign another $2.1m contract?

If he didn't have his "history", he would probably easily get $8m+ AAV

What do you think Kane is going to get as a UFA then?
No idea but I wouldn't give him 10 cents and he has scored 30 goals exactly twice.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

San Jose teammates voted the guy unanimous MVP for their team. They turned their back when the (now confirmed false) accusations came about.
Sure, if you say so, you probably have an excuse for his act in buffalo and winnipeg too right? Not to mention his lying about getting his covid shots and flying when he should not have been at christmas.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Well he just beat up Evan Bouchard in practice yesterday.

I think only the Oilers should offer him a contract next year. Maybe 1 year at $5 million.

Other teams should stay away from the cancer.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I’m an oilers fan and have been impressed with his play and even I don’t know if I want to risk him here long term.
I mean year to year is probably fine, if you have a strong leadership group. I don't think its a great idea having him around a bunch of kids.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I mean year to year is probably fine, if you have a strong leadership group. I don't think its a great idea having him around a bunch of kids.
The thing is our kids are going to look up to Drai, McD, and Nurse. All huge team guys and character guys so there’d be less risk in that sense. But still, i could see how he could rub guys the wrong way, and long term is a scary prospect.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
The thing is our kids are going to look up to Drai, McD, and Nurse. All huge team guys and character guys so there’d be less risk in that sense. But still, i could see how he could rub guys the wrong way, and long term is a scary prospect.
Ya, I meant if he stayed with the oilers year to year is fine, they have much better players than kane for the kids to look up to.

Reactions: TheNumber4

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
No idea but I wouldn't give him 10 cents and he has scored 30 goals exactly twice.
Your point? He's a 30g scorer (in 74 and 75 games) and for the Oilers he's closer to a 40g scorer because McDavid and Draisaitl are easily the best center men he's ever played with. If you don't see Kane as 30g scorer well then clearly there is no use discussing anything with you... you can't reason with hate.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Your point? He's a 30g scorer (in 74 and 75 games) and for the Oilers he's closer to a 40g scorer because McDavid and Draisaitl are easily the best center men he's ever played with. If you don't see Kane as 30g scorer well then clearly there is no use discussing anything with you... you can't reason with hate.
Ya know, it’s really not an issue for the Oilers if the entire league hates him and under values him and doesn’t want to sign him.

Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad