Player Discussion Evander Kane - Part 4

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It's pretty unbelievable that you guys still don't get how this works. Yes, they absolutely use Dreger and others to artificially set values and negotiate against competing teams.

Right!? Dreger would have nothing to gain working for a media member that relies on clicks/views to stay in business. I'm pretty sure Dreger wouldn't want to keep ratings up by reporting on "interesting news". Thankfully Dreger's there to let the GMs know other GMs are in the hunt as well. The GMs might have to talk to Botterill otherwise, and I'm sure Botts will let them know EXACTLY what teams are and aren't interested and what they are and aren't interested in.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yes, it's obvious teams are using Dreger to pearl-clutch about Kane's value. The joke is Dreger branding himself as a keeper of arcane trade value knowledge to give him the agency in his retelling.

You have to remember... Stokes invented this entire "common sense/symbiotic relationship"... because of a Sam Reinhart rumor.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I just want to read the posters reactions on the team he goes to. Everyone seems to hate Kane, for no good reason. It will be fun indeed.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I just want to read the posters reactions on the team he goes to. Everyone seems to hate Kane, for no good reason. It will be fun indeed.

To be fair, there are some good reasons to dislike him.

They do not have anything to do with his ability to play hockey though. Lots of people dislike his personality but they would still celebrate if he scores the SC winning goal for their team.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Glad to hear both.

Definitely don’t want to trade Reinhart after seeing what happened to Hall/Larson, Seguin/scrubs & Eriksson. Not based on talent but on trading young, highly drafted forwards. Reinhart’s cheap, smart, and can plug in anywhere.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Glad to hear both.

Definitely don’t want to trade Reinhart after seeing what happened to Hall/Larson, Seguin/scrubs & Eriksson. Not based on talent but on trading young, highly drafted forwards. Reinhart’s cheap, smart, and can plug in anywhere.

Very good points

Also take a look at Couturier’s year in Philly. Sometimes it takes guys a bit longer to hit their stride.

Sam’s only 22. Sure he’s not playing great, but I would hate to see him putting up big numbers at 25 somewhere else because we were impatient.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Glad to hear both.

I don't want to trade Reinhart either...but those players are immensely more talented then Sam will ever be. Those players all had elite upside when they were drafted, most viewed Sams potential as a second line center.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don't want to trade Reinhart either...but those players are immensely more talented then Sam will ever be. Those players all had elite upside when they were drafted, most viewed Sams potential as a second line center.

Depends on how you view talent. Those guys were all more physically gifted than Reinhart will ever be. But the Sedin twins are not supremely physically gifted. Were they only second line level guys?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Why is there so much revisionist history wrt to Reinhart?

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Kane hasn't looked like Kane for a good 10 games now. What's up? Where's the dominant speed and power that I've seen most of his time here?

In all seriousness.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Just watch Kane get hurt in one of these next few games and we get nothing for him... we have nothing to play for anymore, stop dicking the dog Botts and trade him.

Reactions: CacOBG

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
i agree he seems distracted, big time. fight with falk a catalyst, all-star snub? or outside distractions. maybe hes talking big about not minding being traded, but hes bonded with certain teammates and now has to start over yet again. thats kind of been the thesis of his career: relocation; atl to wpg, wpg to buff, and from buff to wherever else. kane really blew it in wpg, he was the star there when scheifele was still unproven being sent back and then called up, not to go too far back in the past, and yes a player can want a change of scenery as its their right, but he was jack eichel in winnipeg, and now everytime he gives you greatness its only to fuel trade talks. i doubt he gets another long term contract. he'll produce for a team and then be used as a piece in trades, also hes getting up there in age. One of my favorite players but the trade needs to come real soon before we all realize that he's already plateaued for the season.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

plenty of people viewed both Reinhart and Bennett as having 1C potential.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He'll fetch a 1st, again if the perpetually injured Martin Hanzal who was coming off a strong start to last season can fetch a 1st, 2nd and 4th and a meh (Pulkinnen), than a superior player at a younger age will easily top that. Just because the Sabres have been a bottomless black hole, doesn't mean that they will not achieve that.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He'll fetch a 1st, again if the perpetually injured Martin Hanzal who was coming off a strong start to last season can fetch a 1st, 2nd and 4th and a meh (Pulkinnen), than a superior player at a younger age will easily top that. Just because the Sabres have been a bottomless black hole, doesn't mean that they will not achieve that.

They added to Hanzel to get the first. We will likely have to add Baptise or a player of similar caliber to get a first in return, based on the Ladd/Hanzal trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad