Speculation: Evander Kane not counting against the cap?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't get it, Hamonic signs a two year deal with the Canucks. Breaches his contract and no shows for camp. The Canucks get stuck with his cap. While this douche gets his contract cleared completely? I don't get it. Good for San Jose, but the NHL needs to do a better job at erasing the no shows and jerks salaries who breach their contract, or the ones who pull illegal conduct on or off the ice.

Because Kane isn't no-showing camp. Kane and the team agreed for him to not be with the team until his investigation has been completed. As much as people give Kane shit, they've yet to actually prove anything to be true or at least true enough for the league to act on it.

He shouldn’t get payed than. This is stupid !

As far as I'm aware, he's not getting paid.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
In 2021 we’re guilty until proven guiltier. Even after cleared, many people remain guilty in the eyes of many

If you think that's different from any point in history then you're just embarrassing yourself. Maybe look up some cases like the central Park 5 where people were still calling for their execution even after they had been exonerated by DNA evidence.

The only difference now is that people treat being twitter canceled as if it was as serious as people facing real life or death consequences in the past.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a standard that applies to the legal system, not to public opinion. By the letter of the law, OJ Simpson wasn't proven guilty of murder...but that doesn't mean people are wrong to consider him a murderer.

Regarding Kane, I seriously doubt he'll play another game in the NHL. I think he's going to get suspended either from the team or by the league for the fake vaccine card, and that incident will be used as a pretext to terminate his contract. If not that, he'll be bought out. At this point I don't see any team taking a chance on him; he's a good player but not worth the headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Left Shark

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I heard Jeff Skinner punches babies in the off-season, should probably knock his cap off the books until thats fully investigated.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I heard Jeff Skinner punches babies in the off-season, should probably knock his cap off the books until thats fully investigated.

Part of what’s so great about this comparison is that Evander Kane was literally the best player on the Sharks last season. Like this isn’t a case of a team trying to bury a problem contract for performance reasons. People want Kane gone because he’s a jerk.

member 334057

Sabres need his cap hit to be at the floor, sadly the baby punching will continue.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
Coming from the Shark's viewpoint the NHL is taking their sweet time.
He has been under investigation but the league for months now hard to run a team when the NHL isn't providing clarity into their position

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad